225/40/18 reccomendations

DaveSleggy

So one tyre failed NCT on wear, now im in the market for a new set.

I had been considering going back to standard 17s and selling my 18s but part of me worries thats a mistake.

Anyway what are people running nowadays, iv only ever bought partworns from tyreland but if the moneys right il like new rubber

tyres can be a personal preference.

have had federal rsr tyres on mine before and found them great all rounder tyres

have vreadstein on her currently and are well up to the job .

ran nankang on my old car and we're a good budget tyre . also worth mentioning that nankang have a new nsr road legal track tyre that are getting great reviews .

personally wouldn't go part worn route as you never really know what your getting and with an sti you need good tyres with the speeds they are capable of. buy the best you can afford after reading plenty of reviews

tyres can be a personal preference.

have had federal rsr tyres on mine before and found them great all rounder tyres

have vreadstein on her currently and are well up to the job .

ran nankang on my old car and we're a good budget tyre . also worth mentioning that nankang have a new nsr road legal track tyre that are getting great reviews .

personally wouldn't go part worn route as you never really know what your getting and with an sti you need good tyres with the speeds they are capable of. buy the best you can afford after reading plenty of reviews

Yeah tommy im VERY tempted by them (somehow) road legal nankang tyres, 100eur a corner too.

I just put uniroyal rainsport3 on 2 of my cars unreal grip in wet get the xl ones harder side wall so good feed back and only 80 euro

I am currently using Bridgestone Adrenalins 002 - best rubber I ever used. Feels good in rain and dry, doesnt slip even on low temperatures(coldest I was going was 0c and had no issues).

Got them in First Stop and including all work and balancing and everything costed me about 520yoyos

Best advice don't put cheap tires on her seen it countless times

Saving never offset by potential crash

Use F1s and can highly recommend em

Know few that use and like rainsports too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

what Ciaran said - the tyres are the only points that are connecting your ride with the road - if they suck, you will kiss the wall. Just like I did:)

There are however exceptions - not all expensive tyres are good, and not all cheap ones are bad!

Had Toyo proxies on the P1 and luved them

Put conti on the revs and toke a while to bed them in

Currently have conti on the RS,can't fault them at all

Best advice is to buy the best you can afford

Avon are a UK make and we're recommended to me by a couple of people. Tyre land get a deal on them too. Under 100 a corner fitted.

Still want to chance them mental nankang ns2r ones but they'd be a risk in the wet

I ran toyo 888 on the 106 all year and never a problem found them great in the wet apart from standing water things got a bit lite lol

Them nankang a track tire?

Think they were on Alan's megane Rs at track day Savage

No good wet real world though need heat to work and won't clear water

These ones

1a3828358b0a1d435c6d395047c78469.jpg

But I'll prob go for a safer option

had the federal rsr which were supposed to be a dry tyre also but found them a good all rounder .better talking to someone that has the nankang before discounting them all together

Think that them dave Tractor Man his user name might not be here anymore since selling the wr1

There's two copounds on them nankang 120 (soft) or 180 (hard), the 120's are supposed to be a Yokohama compound because they own nankang and the best of the both, 120's are said to last 8-10k miles and the 180's are supposed to last 18-24k. Gettin serious reviews on the English forums and will be gettin the 120's myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a really good thread on pistonheads bout the 180's aswell, was about some English lads that were runnin them on the Nurburgring for 8-10 laps at a time and they held the heat really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back