Downhill bike info

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
Looking for info on the bike below Its for a cousin who's starting doing downhill biking is that bike worth that as he knows very little about them

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 57
:thumbsup:Know nothing about them and don't want him spend that kind of money on something that's not worth it hopefully the lads will see it :thumbsup:

It's worth it if it's clean Joe
Like anything go view it cycle it and see how it rides.
This sh*t of selling it for a friend screams stolen to me.
Just be careful and look for receipts and id numbers on the bike.
You can run the numbers with the garda and see if it comes up on the system.
They are a savage bike I had one a few years ago but they get a hammering so look out for cracks and worn chain and block and bottom bracket

My advice get him to do the bike to work scheme if his work offers it

Second hand full suspension bikes can live a hard life and bits that need replacing can be very expensive

Wouldn't be a fan of that add either I'd only buy second hand off someone I knew as there always stolen

Does he need a full downhill bike or just full suspension bike latter better all round and cross country bike and full on downhill mtb only good at one thing going downhill...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheers Keith :thumbsup: it's a friend of his so recipt is available for new but he has it a few years do need to check for cracks . Is it good value if it's ok or is there a differant bike that would be a good. Budget 650 or so :thumbsup:

ye he wants a proper downhill bike that's what he told me Anywayas is lost on them ������ no bike to work as he's in school 3rd year

you can google the parts mentioned and see what value they were new. this will give you an idea of the price, but generally well sorted DH bike cost alot partwise to put together. Check the frame for structural damages, cracks, bent etc, suspension/shocks any squeak, does it have a smooth travel, casette for wear to the teeth, loose chain, condition of the brake disk, pads, spin the wheels to see if straight. take for a spin. Listen for noises, go trough all gears, test brakes. If he doesn't service himself, receipts from shops. there are only two places here in clonmel so easy to check if bike was there.

Seems like a lot for a 2008 DH bike unless it has recent part upgrades. Fair play to him for jumping straight onto a DH bike, usually its something you progress up to. If he is starting fresh and not used to moutain biking he could be in for a world of pain. I started into it again last year got my first full suspension which was more of an all rounder trail bike, going down a large drop off, nearly made it to the bottom went over the bars landing on my head. ****ed up me neck and back and havent been able to get back out since. That was in June!

There is a facebook group he should join Buy and sell MTB Ireland https://www.facebook.com/groups/490954040982138/ , lots of really good deals on there and great place for advice if starting out.

If he has about 3.5k to spend i have a nice enduro bike there gathering dust i bought in August i havent been able to use

If you know anyone Keith, probably wont sell for what i want so ill just keep it until im able to get back in the saddle.

Mondraker Dune RR 2016 Large

VjWdwz8.jpg

EUjcNwQ.jpg

Back