Car Remapped

Thanks for that. Yes hopefully he will see this thread and let me know what he thinks.

Since you're mapped. Drive it for a while and see if it's enough or if you'd like a bit more. If you decide you want a bit more, get all the bits together and get it tweaked in one go.

You could decide it's enough power but want a bit more noise and need a panel filter, cat back and a BOV if you wanted.

It all depends on how far you want to go with it. Unfortunately the short block isnt that strong, probably on par with a wrx, very high compression 9.5:1 i think so it can be a lot more sensitive to boost tweaks and knock, a load of lads on uklegacy.com, go getting it remapped, get it close to or around 300-320bhp and then pop, engine gone.

The biggest restriction on them in standard form is the downpipe and the intercooler endtanks can be known to split the end tanks when the boost gets increased.

I had mine running at 335bhp with a vf36 setup. I believe its running around 360-370 now with the current owner since its being mapped properly and thats with a TD05-20G in it process west TMIC and rebuilt forged block.

properly mapped vf36/37 would be a good option or i think there is even bolt on options now to look at, as changing to any sti fitment turbo requires new headers and up pipe and down-pipe and intercooler etc

So if i was to do it all again. i would start out with forged rods and pistons and all that stuff to strengthen the engine, then the skys the limit really.

Is yours a manual or an Auto? Do a six speed manual conversion while your at it :)

It all depends on how far you want to go with it. Unfortunately the short block isnt that strong, probably on par with a wrx, very high compression 9.5:1 i think so it can be a lot more sensitive to boost tweaks and knock, a load of lads on uklegacy.com, go getting it remapped, get it close to or around 300-320bhp and then pop, engine gone.

The biggest restriction on them in standard form is the downpipe and the intercooler endtanks can be known to split the end tanks when the boost gets increased.

I had mine running at 335bhp with a vf36 setup. I believe its running around 360-370 now with the current owner since its being mapped properly and thats with a TD05-20G in it process west TMIC and rebuilt forged block.

properly mapped vf36/37 would be a good option or i think there is even bolt on options now to look at, as changing to any sti fitment turbo requires new headers and up pipe and down-pipe and intercooler etc

So if i was to do it all again. i would start out with forged rods and pistons and all that stuff to strengthen the engine, then the skys the limit really.

Is yours a manual or an Auto? Do a six speed manual conversion while your at it :)

Thanks for that detailed reply. Yes mine is an auto box. Happy with the way it is running at the moment so will keep all that in mind in the future when i might look at it further.

Thanks again

Thinking about getting a K&N air filter for the car. 2006 legacy GT 2.0 BP5. Would a remap be needed after upgrading to a K&N air filter. Remap was done previously on standard filter. Where is best place to source this?
Thanks

If you think paying €400 odd for a tweek of the map but imo not worth it for just the drop in filter

Yes i totally agree. What i wonder is it even worth while changing in that case? Would the remap adapt to the new air filter at all?

Thinking about getting a K&N air filter for the car. 2006 legacy GT 2.0 BP5. Would a remap be needed after upgrading to a K&N air filter. Remap was done previously on standard filter. Where is best place to source this?
Thanks
Hi.

Not for a drop in filter no. Should have K&N in stock

Was just talking to Aonghus power who did the remap and he said stick with OEM filter as upgraded on would affect his map. If ever in the future i do any mods he said come down again and do them all at once.

Thanks.

Best to send a email

c7eb670c83e879991892664080f7e701.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not a bad idea to get all mappers details pinned at the top of the mapping section of the forum for everyone's benefit as those question are asked often enough :thumbsup:

Back