Car Remapped

Jarocki

Petrolheads
ISDC Club Member
Well i dropped the car down to Aonghus Power on Tuesday to remap the car to suit our shitty irish fuel. He worked on the car for the guts of 5 hours. Happy with the results and the way it is driving now. Much improved torque levels with the BHP pretty much staying the same. Happy i will not have to worry about needing octane booster.

I did however buy a few bottles of NF black octane booster which i do not need any more so if anyone want to buy them off me let me know. I think i have 3 or 4 bottles there. Living in Santry if that helps anyone.

happy to hear, do you have dyno runs pre-after the remap? I would like to see the curves

See attached photo of the dyno curve he gave me. He said is it as good as expected for a standard car with no mods. Happy with the torque increase and more so that the car will run a lot better on irish fuel without having to use octane booster

Attachments

• 20161117_191506.jpg
    20161117_191506.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 223
That looks like a very healthy increase across the full range for the torque... and same for the Bhp albeit same max.
Car should feel very different now with a lot more power going by that graph. :thumbsup:
Not bad at all for a fully standard one without any sort of mods on our poor fuel quality.

What's the difference between the nf black and the other one I don't think the one I use is Nf black but I think I have a few bottles of it in the shed is it different stuff ??

There's the list

http://www.nfadditives.com/Products_Octane-Boosters.php

Basically Nf Black highest constration most protection for engine

Only 100ml goes into my tank so bottle can treat few tanks where as full bottle required per tank of others????

Mine mapped for 95 so no performance gain unlike billys old classic huge diff driven with and without but keeps em safe and with state of fuel here mine being mapped 2 years plus ago on 95 say fuel got considerably worse since so better safe than sorry I say

Btw What you driving Jorocki? Nice bump in Toqure there ???????? also Pmd you back there????
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There are quite a few different ones (about six of the top of my head).

The most common ones are black and red (though may see silver pure race one too).

Black adds 6 RON points and Red adds 3 RON points, per bottle per tank.

There's the list

http://www.nfadditives.com/Products_Octane-Boosters.php

Basically Nf Black highest constration most protection for engine

Only 100ml goes into my tank so bottle can treat few tanks where as full bottle required per tank of others????

Mine mapped for 95 so no performance gain unlike billys old classic huge diff driven with and without but keeps em safe and with state of fuel here mine being mapped 2 years plus ago on 95 say fuel got considerably worse since so better safe than sorry I say

Btw What you driving Jorocki? Nice bump in Toqure there ???????? also Pmd you back there????
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks yes i am happy with the results. I'm driving a 2006 legacy estate BP5 2.0GT. I really just did it for the irish fuel. I'm not one to be messing around in the car.

Thats a serious increase in torque. And thats the head in the headrest feeling we all like.

Someone once said BHP is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you move that wall!

Yes happy with the results and more importantly so was Aonghus. Again i just did it to suit the irish fuel and not having to use the Octane Booster. I Don't plan on running it with Octane booster as Aonghus made sure i went through 3 full tanks of fuel without octane booster for the remap so i will keep it that way.

Thanks for the input guys.

Just had my twinscroll Sti done yesterday with Aungus for decat and fuel, well happy with results aswell as Angus .

Attachments

• IMG_1580.JPG
    IMG_1580.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
To be honest don't notice a massive difference as i was driving it like a granny before i got it mapped as you hear of all the horror stories. But it is very smooth now and delighted it is now mapped for our irish fuel and have that peace of mind.

If i was to go about any performance mods what would people recommend? Not planning on anything any time soon but curious what is out there for the BP5 legacy 2.0GT.

Back