Gritting

I always get paranoid and go for a wash for the under-body of the car just after a cold spell, of do every few days if it is a prolonged spell :)

I got a great gizmo for washing under it
I just won't use the car in the salt

I remember last year I made it all the way to work on a very icy morning and just going in the main entrance the car slid out from under me twice. Caught me out of the blue but powered out and it was fine.

I was doing a bit of a work in the depot of the crowd that maintains m8 and they have shed with mountain of the stuff ready for the season :O

Whats the make up Tommy ?

Used pure salt 2 years ago

And before that put fertiliser down????????????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Council lads in Wicklow get over-time for salting roads at this time of year and have been out on nights when it's over-cast and 8+ degrees.

All daily drivers in the family are ruined because of it... it's like f**king rocks they are spreading. That's why the poor wagon got broken for parts coz of rust... car got so bad over the 3 year period after we moved up the hills.

The roads do be brown with the stuff
Gap in the market for under body wash place
Was a lad beside the halfway house that would put it up on ramp and blast it but he is no more ????

Intel had a great wash up there when they were building there latest fab 15 or what ever number they are up to now
You could just drive in and use it big ramp you drive up on and it automatically washed the bottom of the car
I was up there every night lol

I think it would be fair to say,i cant believe the total lack of regard people have for the underside of they're classics,not even scoobys but the lot in general,i reckon most people cant even begin to imagine the damage a seasons worth of salt does to your car,

lads doing up cars,full resprays,throwing 10k into an engine and the underside is totally neglected of any protection,beggars belief.

Back