Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type R v5 (MY99) - twin scroll converted

RudeBoy

Petrolheads
Well, after 9 years with the car the sale time has come...

I have for sale my STi Type R from the end of 1998 (it's MY99 aka v5), about 200kkm on the clock (engine replaced about 60-70kkm ago)

Short version of spec for more impatient people:

As you can see on pictures it comes in rather rare, grey color.
Car has been converted to twin-scroll turbo - vf37
About 6 years ago (2010-2011) some works have been done and engine has been replaced with a completely new - new age ej207 (semi closed) block straight from Subaru. At the same time the paint has been refreshed on most of the car, hence no stickers.
It comes also with Prodrive Alcon brakes bought _as new_ about 3 years ago - August 2013. And there's actually fairly little wear on them, as I haven't been driving it much for last 2-3 years (I walk to work, I have other car, so Subaru's been pretty much weekend car)
Engine is controlled by Alcatek (after firmware upgrade) with 2 maps - 95RON and 97/98RON
Some other modifications (see "long version" if interested)
Now some worse points - it's, after all, 18 years old car now and even despite the paint refresh those 6 years ago it has some some scratches and mini-dents thanks to careless neighbors and also some scumbags - the car has been broken into twice during last 9 years.
It had also, unfortunately, "an adventure" in Spain, during my 1.5 years life there - front left corner collision with a barrier in mountains.
Unfortunately the fix wasn't the greatest, so for some pedants it may require some further work - otherwise can be left as is, the car is running fine.
I have it documented with pictures - see below.
Other than that - as for 18 years old car - it's rather lively and definitely can still offer plenty of fun.

Now - long version (ha ha - just looked at "the short version" - I'm scared myself...)
Spec / good points:
-EJ207, new age semi-closed block (as mentioned already - bought as completely new, straight from Subaru in 2010) - so I believe in this one "the heart" shouldn't be a problem for quite a while yet.
-hardened engine and gearbox mounts (however about 6 years old now)
-vf37 twin scroll turbo conversion
-3 inch exhaust (Fujitsubo Legalis, if I remember correctly) with Prodrive catalytic converter welded into 3 inch downpipe - no NCT issues, last passed in September
-parallel fuel rails (CDF Racing) connected with Goodridge pipes, Sard fpr
-550cc Denso/Power Enterprise injectors
-Alcatek ecu with firmware upgraded, 2 maps - for 95 and 97/98RON (about 270HP/370Nm on 95RON as measured on MAHA dyno). It comes also with software/cable/dongle - so can be tweaked wherever suits you. MAF sensor has been, of course, eliminated in this setup.
-almost new Xtreme clutch, stage 1 - fitted about 3 months ago, so pretty much almost new (Yeah, I know some people can burn it in no time, so 3 months may mean nothing ;))
-lightened (6kg) flywheel
-new age WRX intercooler and valve, bigger scoop (but still stylish, not the crappy new age style one :))
-Kayaba AGX shocks with Apec (if I remember correctly) springs - rather for fans of stiff suspensions
-lower suspension brace
-Prodrive/Alcon brakes set - as mentioned already, bought as new, in a box in 2013.
-some minor stuff - boost, oil pressure clocks, Innovate LC-1 wideband Lambda sensor with Moates display (extra socket in downpipe, before cat)
-car comes, as you can see on pictures on WRX wheels - it may also come with the second set of WRX alloys, with winter tyres (not the greatest ones, but should be good yet for one winter, I guess - or some fun :))
-sport steering wheel
-It will come also with some minor spares I gathered over time (i.e. extra coilpack with cables, some seals/gaskets etc.)
-probably some other minor things I forgot about

Now, the bad points - to make it clear for everyone, as I have nothing to hide and there are some...
-first of all - the car is 18 years old now, so don't expect "like new" condition, it can make some funny noises, it has some scratches and so on, whatever you may expect from such an old car.
-some scratches, scuffs and other marks gathered over time with help of neighbors
-some marks after last break-in attempt - where the rear right glass has been broken. The frame hasn't been completely broken and since insurer didn't want to pay for it - it's been left as is, with minor marks. Also some scratches on paint after it, around the door. The glass has been, of course, replaced.
-front left corner hasn't been properly fixed by the garage after barrier collision in Spain - I learned to live with it, ignoring that, no issues except for aesthetic, if someone is very pedantic - see the pictures.
-interior is pretty much as good/bad as you might expect from 18-years old car. Upholstery on driver's seat isn't the greatest - especially that exact part where my big "you-know-what" goes... :)

Well - that would be more or less it, I believe...
Again - as for its age, it's still great fun to drive, very lively car. Even despite it's relatively low power, with it's short ratio gearbox it starts really great.
Also great fun on twisty roads.
And after all - still a head turner, especially with its kind of unique color.

Please see the pictures attached.

Also - from some other galeries:
-2010/2011 works: https://goo.gl/photos/t1bfzmacejWeDUZV8
-pictures from the first break-in: https://goo.gl/photos/zKhvZEUSdWQyVZ6NA
-damage in Spain: https://goo.gl/photos/hJB1EyHCa8MxkasG8
-some other Type-R's photos for interested people: https://goo.gl/photos/ivZw12qcxk7veUBi7

Whoever is interested - can see the car and then we can talk more about it's spec in details, with the whole story of that car in my hands.
I'm also, of course, happy to answer questions, if any - either here, in thread or by email.

Now - one more, important, I guess, thing - the price.

6800e

But, of course - I may be open to reasonable offers, as I'm interested in having the car sold, not in selling it forever.

The car is now in Dublin - viewing can be arranged, of course at some suitable time, but please - no test pilots or tyre kickers, I have no time to waste.
Sorry if that sounds harsh - but I hope that people with genuine interest in purchase will understand that.

The car for now is being advertised only here, as I'd prefer to sell the care to someone really interested in such a classic 2-door Impreza.
It would be great if this car finds a new owner to take a proper care of it.

The car has NCT (passed in September, so almost a year now to drive)
Taxed until the end of year.

Please contact me, ideally, on email: jacekrudowski(.AT.)gmail.com or leave me a message here on the forum, with your email and we'll take it from there if viewing required.

Attachments

• post-710-0-99697600-1476186698_thumb.jpg
    post-710-0-99697600-1476186698_thumb.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 513
  • post-710-0-79552100-1476186656_thumb.jpg
    post-710-0-79552100-1476186656_thumb.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 506
  • post-710-0-45789400-1476186620.jpg
    post-710-0-45789400-1476186620.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 506
  • post-710-0-24042900-1476186609.jpg
    post-710-0-24042900-1476186609.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 506
  • post-710-0-11490400-1476186601.jpg
    post-710-0-11490400-1476186601.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
I just recalled that aircon gas is gone after the fuel rails have been replaced (pipes had to be disconnected) and I didn't refill the system yet, so aircon doesn't work for now (and I'm not really using it anyway) - so to reflect that and maybe for a bit more interest - new price:

7500e

Hi lads,

sorry for late feedback - busy time straight after new year and couldn't pay enough attention even to the advertisement.

As someone said already - I'm waiting for someone to gather the cash until this weekend.
Anyways - if he fails, I decided to hold on to the car for a while yet, also because of the above - I currently have a bit too much stuff on my head and can't really even pay proper attention to the adverts- questions and answers etc.

As I'm not yet in a particular rush to sell it right now (I renewed the insurance only in December) - I will keep it yet for a moment. And re-advertise it later this year.

Sorry about that everyone.

For me the good news is - since I found someone to insure me for yet another year - I will drive the car for a bit longer when I have a time to do that.

Sorry again for everybody interested.

thanks.

Back