Ecu tek opinions?

Conor B

Sunday Drivers
As above are they reliable good service back up or what are people's thoughts? Just looking for a map for fuelling really. Don't want to spend mad money. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

have ecutec racerom on my hawk .

zero issues from when mapped by Bob Rawl 4 years or so ago .

very straight foward set up when done by a pro

not that expensive for the features on it . (racerom not on pre 06 cars )

alot of cars here were mapped on ecutek software

Likewise here... no issues whatsoever.

Ecutek initial license fee is the only real drawback (£250), but there are plenty of Ecutek mappers out there with good support etc. You keep your factory ECU - no wiring changes - easy to put back to factory standard if needed for say selling on at a later date.

The RACEROM is worth getting as an add-on to Ecutek. It gives you dual switchable maps (e.g. high/low boost map or 95 octane and map with octane booster added). There are other features that RaceRom can give, but probably not what you want on a standard engine and normal road-use.

The only cheaper option is an open source remap, but don't believe you get the switchable maps then.

The best thing is too talk to the mapper you intend to use and find out what they work with.

Ecutek is your only option as open source is not available for v5-v6
if you want the standard ecru flashed its your only option
Dave in RSR be the man to talk too

Likewise here... no issues whatsoever.

Ecutek initial license fee is the only real drawback (£250), but there are plenty of Ecutek mappers out there with good support etc. You keep your factory ECU - no wiring changes - easy to put back to factory standard if needed for say selling on at a later date.

The RACEROM is worth getting as an add-on to Ecutek. It gives you dual switchable maps (e.g. high/low boost map or 95 octane and map with octane booster added). There are other features that RaceRom can give, but probably not what you want on a standard engine and normal road-use.

The only cheaper option is an open source remap, but don't believe you get the switchable maps then.

The best thing is too talk to the mapper you intend to use and find out what they work with.

race rom was only available on hawk and newer Charles. electronic throttle cars essentially

We can now remap 99/00 original ecus with switchable maps.

Anti and launch control.

Mafless etc as options

I have just been on the ECUTEK website and was going to put a post up. I have a hawk and was maybe looking to get one because of the switchable maps. Does anyone know how much they cost?? because the price is not listed on their website probably indicating a big price

Back