20 year Group A anniversary - Prodrive 19th November

toyscrota

4 doors are better than 2 doors
ISDC Club Member
Ade Jones over on type-ra.com is organising this event at Prodrive's facility (although the new one) to celebrate the 555 cars

"2016 marks 20 years since the end of the iconic Group A era.

To celebrate this milestone and the effect on us all as Impreza owners and enthusiasts, Ade
@ASJ came up with the idea of a Group A celebration event at the home of Subaru Group A cars, Prodrive.

The event takes place at Prodrive's HQ in Banbury on Saturday 19th November 2016 between 11am and 2pm (approx).

Several Group A Imprezas are confirmed for the event but we are still seeking more should anyone know of any.

We are also asking all MY96 V-Limited & V2 555 owners to come forward to have their cars featured as part of the event."

He already has the following confirmed:
N555 WRC
N555 BAT (now with original spoiler)
N1 WRC (complete with now original livery and spoiler)

He is hoping for L555 BAT and a few more to attend also along with a load of type RA's and V-Limiteds

I've my flight booked. From Dublin to East Midlands (Nottingham/Derby) with Ryanair for only €20 return!!!

Flight out at 08.05 and land at 09.10
Collect hire car (€30) and drive approx 1hr 20 mins to Prodrive
Flight back is at 16.25.
You have about 3 hours (thats all the event is scheduled for anyway!) to nose about the 555 cars and hopefully get a factory tour although numbers are limited I believe.

Anyway just said I'd post it here to let anybody else interested know.

James

Attachments

• n1wrc.JPG
    n1wrc.JPG
    529.5 KB · Views: 151
Ade is fair passionate about the that era of Subarus.

Im looking forward to it might be a bit of a dine and dash but will be worth it hopefully.

Last edited:
Back on topic - two more Group A cars confirmed for this.
Niall Magee's 555 rep heading over too......love that reg!

Attachments

• nmagee.JPG
    nmagee.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I was working in Banbury this time last year and the advice I would give is fly in and out of Birmingham airport it's way handier. If you want to stay in Banbury there's a premier in about half a mile from prodive it's spot on. The train station in Banbury to prodive in a taxi is about seven pounds. You could walk it to. Takes about half an hour or so. IMAG0529.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMAG0529.jpg
    IMAG0529.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 111
I was working in Banbury this time last year and the advice I would give is fly in and out of Birmingham airport it's way handier. If you want to stay in Banbury there's a premier in about half a mile from prodive it's spot on. The train station in Banbury to prodive in a taxi is about seven pounds. You could walk it to. Takes about half an hour or so. View attachment 100340

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Ya looked at Birmingham but times just didnt suit really.
As i said my flight was only €20 and Birmingham flights were more, car hire €30 and an hour down the motorway i dont think its too bad as im only doing a day trip

Myself and seanie heading to this. Anybody else consider it? Flight now €75 return.

L555 REP now coming to it

Tour of new Prodrive facility £20

Great show on Saturday.....few pics

Catalunya edition

Terzo

Gravel Express

Best road car there IMO

P162 EUD

P135 XBW & N555 BAT

N555 BAT & N555 WRC

N1 WRC & L555 REP

Last edited:
Only part of Higgins Isle of Man car that was there was the gearbox, which we weren't allowed take a photo of!

Loads of these yokes around wouldnt have much interest tbh!

a Golf they are building for Chinese rally championship

Had stop off in British Motor Museum on way back to airport

Great pics,

Sat in nearly all the car in Prodrive museum

Jackie is such a professional,really has a passion for for every car there

Great pics thanks

British transport musiem is deadly been twice did you go to other unmarked green building with hundreds of cars in it

2 le mans silkcut cars there getting worked on last time

And loads of weird stuff

Brits really know how do put on a display

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Great pics,

Sat in nearly all the car in Prodrive museum

Jackie is such a professional,really has a passion for for every car there

The woman knows her stuff alright and really loves her job!

Great pics thanks

British transport musiem is deadly been twice did you go to other unmarked green building with hundreds of cars in it

2 le mans silkcut cars there getting worked on last time

And loads of weird stuff

Brits really know how do put on a display

Ya we were in both buildings impressive collection alright

See the green 1.4 Rover 200 ????

I asked guy there what's the story with that said last one off production line ????

Back