Wanted BMW E61 Touring M Sport

Does it have to be a BMW? If you want a reliable estate for the wife then I would look to something like an outback or legacy estate? Tried to get my wife into a legacy estate last year and she thought no, too big, so ended up with an E46 316 M-Sport. Had loads of issues so it went on a scrappage deal a few months back. Nothing major went, but enough to annoy, especially when it is her car. I totally regret not pushing her into that legacy and installing a reversing camera or something like that. It had a nice spec too, leather, big sunroof, etc. Now resale on one maybe a different story to a 520d M-Sport.

no has to be one of them im afraid
no other car on the menu this time
just need to make sure its the right one :thumbsup:

What about petrol

A 2.5 petrol M Sport Estate in 2008 is 184g/km so €750 tax.

And for city/motorway mixed about 35mpg.

Although they can have their own few issues. Not like the diesel shite. Especially for mileage planned.

no diesel this time unfortunately Dave
Love the petrol's but time to try the diesel option for a change :thumbsup:

yeah I know what you mean but my mate has a 2005 and has done big mileage in the last few months and hasn't skipped a beat
and he drives it very very hard
i drive it very regularly and love it
I think its a very functional car
bye no means quick
but just does the basics well
question is old engine high tax or new engine low tax
resale is a issue as ill probably have her out of it again so looks like new engine for the low tax
but reports seem bad enough I agree
but will do small mileage and have a easy life
if me id be having a petrol with a big engine there for nothing
but for herself so kind of caught that way :trsprt558:
hoping easy driving helps
seems to be the 2.5 of the BMW :icon_grin:

Would it be worth buying a warrenty for it when ya get it, just with some of the big money issues they have might be money well spent,

E mailed BMW regarding warranty so just waiting to hear back Monday if they do on a private sale
Mate says they do as he checked on a M5 he was buying before
So hopefully can purchase warranty for piece of mind

Going to see one during the week and if all ok will buy it
One owner ,full BMW service history ,Chain done and clutch done
Napa leather ,nav,sunroof,multimedia pack,heated seats,a/c dual climate,folding mirrors ,PDC and few other bits

Failing that it's a trip over to the uk it seems
Sterling isn't bad so will see what happens when I view this one

Know a few lads used them no issues. Injectors on a fresh x5 over 2k. Cheque landed 2 weeks.
Has to be 10 weeks into policy before claim.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back