Fuel Consumption

Jarocki

Petrolheads
ISDC Club Member
Hey everyone. As this is my first Subaru. I'm curious what kind of KM's you get out of a Subaru Legacy 2006 2.0 GT (BP5) full tank. I know this car is not built for huge mileage i'm just curious so i have something to go by. Obviously there will be big differences depending on what kind of driving you do. I generally do mostly city driving. 75% of the time.

Cheers everyone

wont be in correct gear for situation like a manual at all times
pulling of in traffic also I think
extra weight of the box its self as well would be a factor
several reasons

wont be in correct gear for situation like a manual at all times
pulling of in traffic also I think
extra weight of the box its self as well would be a factor
several reasons

Yes that makes sense alright. I wonder would driving in semi auto see much of a difference?

Also think there are more losses/more power required for an auto box compared to a manual so burns more fuel there. Herself needs an auto for health reasons, we had a focus for a few years, really could feel the car struggling with the auto box. Then to compensate for lack of power you put the foot down on hills, etc., it struggles for a min then downshifts, all the while consuming more fuel than if a manual. Hers averaged 24 mpg with mainly town driving, my dad had a manual one at the time it was mid 30's for similar driving conditions.

Although modern auto boxes are much better than the old ones, so losses are less.

Back