Impreza McRea refurb

Eoin Murphy

Hi, I'm new to the club. I'm refurbishing Impreza McRea no 117 which I bought last year. The body, interior and engine/gearbox are all in excellent condition but the sub frames have suffered terrible corrosion due to road salt - the car was based in Scotland. I'm about to do a complete replacement of the rear subframe to include the following parts:
Stabiliser (roll bar) plus all clamps and bushes
Front and rear lateral links
Stabiliser links
Trailing links
All bushes and brackets associated with above

Can anyone help with parts or direct me to a reliable supplier?

Attachments

• Impreza Rear suspension.png
    Impreza Rear suspension.png
    317.8 KB · Views: 131
Aside from main dealers, these two forum members can point you in the right direction.

davelegacy - RSR Automotive

SCOOBYCOLM - OEMPARTS.ie

Last edited:
welcome along eoin the name sounds familiar would you be the rally driver by any chance?

From a budget view of your refurb i would advise the main undercarraige parts is best sourced from a jdm import breaker.

To buy all new would be way way too dear.

More essential parts new like bushes, links etc then yes new

Afraid I'm not the rally driver! Thanks for all the replies, this is what makes a club special. Getting some quotes now and will post some photos over the w/e. The McRea is one of 200 built, but only 37 left so it is an important historic model. Colin's 1997 WRC is up for auction for a guide price of 175 to 200k GBP, twice it's 2009 price and the 22B is now at 50k GBP so values are increasing sharply. The refurb deserves the best parts I can get.

Lovely car well worth spending the money on.
I presume your on the mcrae owner's site in the UK should be plenty of help also. There is a lad on here with one i think up donegal direction. Not sure is he on much but looked very clean. Best of luck with the work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back