Getting the radio to work on JDM

Can you scroll down and select which brings you to next menu

If you play around enough might be an option to change to English???

I acnnot find anywhere that can change the language. I don't think it is an option on this model. Jap market only. Has to be a way to turn off the sat nav voice.

I acnnot find anywhere that can change the language. I don't think it is an option on this model. Jap market only. Has to be a way to turn off the sat nav voice.

Did u try to disconnect battery and drain power from system yet? May help with jap lady I guess. Not sure.

You should be able to find manual for radio online. I doubt it will be in English but at least will have some pics and point by point instructions so my figure out what to do.

You won't able to change language in radio from Jap market ....ever :) You my get CD with maps from manufacturer of head unit but cheaper would be to get new one:) Just throw this thing out and het aftermarket one. Less hassle :p

Last edited:
Did u try to disconnect battery and drain power from system yet? May help with jap lady I guess. Not sure.

You should be able to find manual for radio online. I doubt it will be in English but at least will have some pics and point by point instructions so my figure out what to do.

You won't able to change language in radio from Jap market ....ever :) You my get CD with maps from manufacturer of head unit but cheaper would be to get new one:) Just throw this thing out and het aftermarket one. Less hassle :p

Thanks for that. No i have not tried that yet. I did get a remap on the car with Aonghus Power. Would disconnecting the barrety have any affect to that or even if the battery went dead over a long period?

hey. To jump on the back of this thread i got the bluetooth working on the radio and delighted with it. I do however have quite an annoying issue. When i was figuring the radio out i managed to somehow turn on a destination on the sat nav and a lovely japanese girl keeps taking over the radio telling me i am going the wrong direction. It is quite annoying at this stage and i cannot turn it off. I have tried the google translate app but with no luck. Does anyone here speak japanese who may be able to help out? other than that possibly disconnecting the battery may reset it? I assume that would not affect the remap done by AP performance. I believe aonghus said this would not affect his map.

Thanks for the help.

Hi, did you try the google translate app for your phone?
There is a camera mode where it can translate in real time for you, its pretty cool. Its not perfect english but you get the idea. I found it helpful adjusting some settings in my JDM Carozzeria unit, no more annoying beep every time adjusting the volume or pressing a button. cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170329-111051.png
    Screenshot_20170329-111051.png
    534.7 KB · Views: 71
yes i will try that late on. I did not do it with the live translation and see what i can do.

Hi, did you try the google translate app for your phone?
There is a camera mode where it can translate in real time for you, its pretty cool. Its not perfect english but you get the idea. I found it helpful adjusting some settings in my JDM Carozzeria unit, no more annoying beep every time adjusting the volume or pressing a button. cheers

Well i used the google translate live camera app. and i'm pretty sure i turned it off. Thanks a lot. Delighted she is gone ha.

Hey everyone just jumping on the back of this thread instead of opening a new one. I have managed to find the place on the head unit (i think) which changes the clock on the unit. However after about 5 minutes of driving it changes itself back to Japanese time? Has anyone ever experienced this with a japanese import? I have a feeling it has something to do with the GPS auto picking a time zone but maybe someone can shed some light? Thanks

hi Jarocki im in the hunt for a double din conversion the one without the dual climate control, for my legacy my car has the kenwood unit and a panasonic sat nav so thank god i dont have the same things happening to my radio only problem is i have two stations rte and god fm im going mental , have you tried to disconnect the gps it is located in front of your rear view mirror the little black box thingy , worth a shot

hi Jarocki im in the hunt for a double din conversion the one without the dual climate control, for my legacy my car has the kenwood unit and a panasonic sat nav so thank god i dont have the same things happening to my radio only problem is i have two stations rte and god fm im going mental , have you tried to disconnect the gps it is located in front of your rear view mirror the little black box thingy , worth a shot

Hello. Thanks for that. Are you talking about the unit what looks like a small speaker? There is a cable going into it however not sure how to disconnect it. Would have to have a look at it properly. What is its function? I also have the same problem with the standard Sat Nav unit that comes part of the car. I cannot find the function in this either to change the time. I have seen on a few forums where you can do it on the english version but the japanese has a slightly different interface and is not in the same place.

Judging from the posts on the forum over the years about jdm radios and sat navs I think you would be better off taking it out and starting over as I don't think anyone got to the end of the problems..

I remember my mate had a Honda with radio couldn't read so he went down to local Chinese takeaway to try and get them to see could change it to English setting fook me it's was the funniest thing ever. bought a takeaway and managed to get one of them out had a look guy was shouting at it pressing every thing and turned around and said it's to hard to understand it's Japanese different language it's similar not the same us standing there like 3 ****s those where the days anything goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha that's a funny story. I did consider getting a japanese person to have a look at it. Also do agree that with all the japanese cars i have had this problem However i have bluetooth connection which is what i use 99% of the time (managed to figure that out eventually) but i was hoping if i could change the clock and make it stay i would be happy out. It is a great head unit that i don't want/need to change. The japanese writing doesn't bother me at all. It's a good conversation starter for new people getting int he car if nothing else.

On my car the GPS unit is located here ,I've found the USA legacy owners clubs a good source of information and believe it or not the Russian site is quite good to

Attachments

• IMAG0881.jpg
    IMAG0881.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
If the Russians can't sort it ..it can't be sorted lol....I work with a few of the **** me they are into everything....

I know a bit of Japanese, here are some helpful translations:

English to Japanese with the voice command/pronunciation

Disc ................ディスク "Disku"
Card (SD).............カード "Ka-do"
Japanese..............日本語 "Nihongo"
English...............英語 "Ei-go"
off...................オフ "Offu"
cancel................キャンセル "kee-anceru"
accept/ok/yes.........OK/はい "Okay/Hai"
install...............インストール "instaa-ru"
Navigation............ナビ "Na-bi"
language..............言語/ランゲージ "Gengo/Lan-ga-ji"
Next..................次 "tsugi"
Back..................バック "backu"
Time..................時間 "Jikan"
Timezone..............時間帯 "Jikantai"
Today.................今日 "Kyou"
car...................車/カー "kuruma/kaa"
insert................挟み込む "Hasami komu"
input.................入力/インプット "Nyūryoku/inputo"
Turn off..............電源を切る "Dengen wo kiru"
"Insert Disc please" ....ディスクを挿入してください "Disuku wo sonyou-shite kudasai"

And careful mixing up these two:
Chicken...............チカン "Chikan"
This one is tasty.....これはおいしいです "kore wa oishii desu"
Groping...............チカン "Chikan"
This one is a crime...犯罪です "kore wa Hanzai Desu"

I know a bit of Japanese, here are some helpful translations:

English to Japanese with the voice command/pronunciation

Disc ................ディスク "Disku"
Card (SD).............カード "Ka-do"
Japanese..............日本語 "Nihongo"
English...............英語 "Ei-go"
off...................オフ "Offu"
cancel................キャンセル "kee-anceru"
accept/ok/yes.........OK/はい "Okay/Hai"
install...............インストール "instaa-ru"
Navigation............ナビ "Na-bi"
language..............言語/ランゲージ "Gengo/Lan-ga-ji"
Next..................次 "tsugi"
Back..................バック "backu"
Time..................時間 "Jikan"
Timezone..............時間帯 "Jikantai"
Today.................今日 "Kyou"
car...................車/カー "kuruma/kaa"
insert................挟み込む "Hasami komu"
input.................入力/インプット "Nyūryoku/inputo"
Turn off..............電源を切る "Dengen wo kiru"
"Insert Disc please" ....ディスクを挿入してください "Disuku wo sonyou-shite kudasai"

And careful mixing up these two:
Chicken...............チカン "Chikan"
This one is tasty.....これはおいしいです "kore wa oishii desu"
Groping...............チカン "Chikan"
This one is a crime...犯罪です "kore wa Hanzai Desu"

So our local Chinese takeaway wasn't telling us a load of sh*t [emoji23][emoji23] FairPlay for doing that list

Back