Extractor fan/oven hood

DaveSleggy

So lads I need to get one of these for the kitchen as the walls and ceilings are gonna get wrecked with the steam from cooking.

The oven is against an external wall so I'm assuming it's straight forward enough to get one installed.

Question is anyone know roughly it would be to get one of these installed and how much they cost? I havnt a clue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It depends on if there supplying and the size of it . But standard ones to but are between. 80/150 euros . A lenght of flexi pipe 8 euros drill a 100mm hole 50/80 euros and an outside vent cover 15/20 euros as it must be the flap type :thumbsup: So your looking at 80/100 quid for fitting :thumbsup:

If you don't have one yet... consider the cleaning of the filter:

... some come with a spongy cloth type thing... gets real mank pretty quickly. Be sure to buy a make that you can get replacement filters for when you need them as you can only wash that yoke a few times before it goes out of shape or disintegrates altogether....

... Others, like the one I have at home... comes with aluminium louvered metal filter panel... you can pop that straight into the dishwasher (or else steep in soapy water)... doesn't wear and don't need to worry about sourcing replacement filters down the road.

Not much in the price difference, but a huge difference in convenience and long term cost.

I personally would not go for something to fancy like stainless steel or see through as grease from cooking tends to build fast and looks maky and you need to clean it often.

Thanks lads, this is why i love this club. Could be a crashed into subaru or a steamy kitchen and i get all the advice i need.

Get something fancy with a lifetime washable filter. Ignore manufacture suggestions of cleaning times. Bit like servicing your car earlier. Check it regularly and clean it when you feel there's enough crud. Also the more often you clean it, the less likely your dish washer is to get a build up of grease.

Oh and dont let them sell you a hood with a charcoal filter that doesn't need a hole and pipe out through the wall as there a waste of time :thumbsup:

Get something fancy with a lifetime washable filter. Ignore manufacture suggestions of cleaning times. Bit like servicing your car earlier. Check it regularly and clean it when you feel there's enough crud. Also the more often you clean it, the less likely your dish washer is to get a build up of grease.

This is what I did
Good advice

Back