vrt booking

Jarocki

Petrolheads
ISDC Club Member
hey everyone. has anyone any tips for getting a quick vrt booking? the website says there are none available in dublin and i have been constantly checking the past 3 days. when i rang up they also said none available and that i would get a text in 10 days with a proposed date. madness. problem is insurance will not insure on vin number/old jap reg with full car details temporarily until i get it vrt. catch 22 stuff here. any help greatly appreciated.

hey everyone. has anyone any tips for getting a quick vrt booking? the website says there are none available in dublin and i have been constantly checking the past 3 days. when i rang up they also said none available and that i would get a text in 10 days with a proposed date. madness. problem is insurance will not insure on vin number/old jap reg with full car details temporarily until i get it vrt. catch 22 stuff here. any help greatly appreciated.

in the same boat :banghead: on the phone to them , check online at 2pm every weekday . Thats the time they put cancellations up .

I kept ringing for a week and got a cancellation , was prepared to go anywhere around Dublin , keep trying , could get lucky !

telling them you got stopped by the :police: and needed to produce within 10 days worked before too
but in a V.R.T application i doubt it
i booked a N.C.T recently and there was loads of availability
do not all centres do v.r.t inspections ?

im checkin the last week in kells and dublin
nothing
yet the fine you for going over the 30 days

thats a disgrace
can you not have them booked well in advance
do you not know for a good while when the car arrives
or do you get informed close to date ?

do not all centres do v.r.t inspections ?

Nope... only a few major ones do.
I'm lucky as my closest one in Carlow does it as does my next closest in Naas...

... I believe in Dublin only Greenhills and Northpoint.

Check out Naas as is only 15 minutes down the road from Dublin.

Yes you get a provisional delivery date for the boat arriving. It really is such a pain and the thing that bothers me the most is that the insurance company will not insure the car until i get irish plates, so essentially my new car is sitting there uninsured in the driveway until i get it sorted. disaster of a system. And only having 2 of the centres in dublin that do the VRT is a joke. Having said that. How many cars are there being VRT'd on a daily basis!!??

How many cars are there being VRT'd on a daily basis!!??

I had to go to Naas mid week around 12am I was suprised at the amount, alot of cars being VRT'd, mostly english reg cars being swapped over... about 15 was their when I was their.

I had to go to Naas mid week around 12am I was suprised at the amount, alot of cars being VRT'd, mostly english reg cars being swapped over... about 15 was their when I was their.

I know it really makes no difference but i want a D reg. Plus there is no availability in any of the other "near" NCT centres that dot he VRT.

I know it really makes no difference but i want a D reg. Plus there is no availability in any of the other "near" NCT centres that dot he VRT.

Cant choose the reg unfortunately, its taken from where the car is registered to, if you have a Dublin address then itll get a D reg.

I registered mine in Naas Kildare, but as my home address is westmeath, I got a WH reg.

Cant choose the reg unfortunately, its taken from where the car is registered to, if you have a Dublin address then itll get a D reg.

I registered mine in Naas Kildare, but as my home address is westmeath, I got a WH reg.

Sorry yes that is what i meant. As there are only 2 NCT centres doing it in Dublin i would assume they are the busiest in the country.

dates now up, be fast

Thanks for that. I have one for the 11th this month. Cheers for that. You were right about the 2pm. In other good news i managed to get insurance cover until the VRT date( 2 weeks). They accepted the japanese reg/vin number/ car photo. After i asked for a refund which i could have got as my policy has been paused for nearly 2 months. so i car drive it away from the docks hopefully tomorrow/ wednesday

Thanks for that. I have one for the 11th this month. Cheers for that. You were right about the 2pm. In other good news i managed to get insurance cover until the VRT date( 2 weeks). They accepted the japanese reg/vin number/ car photo. After i asked for a refund which i could have got as my policy has been paused for nearly 2 months. so i car drive it away from the docks hopefully tomorrow/ wednesday

you might be insured but if the gaurds see you they will lift you out of it
you still have no plates / tax or nct
unless you have trade plates your takin a big risk

Back