Impreza 2.0L N/A

as tommy said, its your money, I really dont see how your parents can decide what you drive, your a grown man, :) listen have a good think about this and dont do this just to please your parents. if anything make a stand, in the end its your money. your car, your life. I know its hard and tough when it comes from your parents, but really, they should see how much more the car gives you. yes it might not be economical but its not about that. its a lifestyle and a choice and something that means a lot to you.

I do find when I get in and start driving it that it's very relaxing. I'd make a great wheelman, I sometimes go for late night drives. I might enjoy driving a diesel. Could ask for the Monza in the underground as work lol.

The burble is scientifically proven to be a relaxant. I, and numerous members, have collected our missus and first born and both have been conked out within 3 mins of startup.

best of luck with sale but there's no way id ever let anyone tell me what car i can and cant have! the face on the mother when i came home with the Impreza was priceless as i had being looking a 5 series bmw's and the likes before the sti popped up. The father was thrilled haha!

As graham said now is the time to be spending money on cars before you do have to move out and a woman comes along to wreck your head and make you grow up!!

I bought a house this year whilst keeping the bug, and EVERYONE telling me i should sell. If i had have sold im sure i would have been hearing the same from the lads on here, and it wouldnt have been the end of the world but im glad i didnt.

BUT

If it makes your life easier at home sell her on and buy a depressionmobile. You will soon feel the need a proper car again and youll come back older wiser and with more horsepower. We can thank the gods of forced induction for that fact.

I bought a house this year whilst keeping the bug, and EVERYONE telling me i should sell. If i had have sold im sure i would have been hearing the same from the lads on here, and it wouldnt have been the end of the world but im glad i didnt.

BUT

If it makes your life easier at home sell her on and buy a depressionmobile. You will soon feel the need a proper car again and youll come back older wiser and with more horsepower. We can thank the gods of forced induction for that fact.
Regardless of what everyone says. Selling N/A while painful, was the good choice for me. Pushed me into getting a wrx. So, get yourself diesel for a week or two, save most of ur wage +money from selling this one, and soon you will have enough to get wrx and obe full year insurance;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'd still like to see a good comparison of costs on a separate thread from you on it
I wouldn't say it was that different and might convince lads to go that way down the line
I think it would make good reading and be if great help for na drivers :thumbsup:

I'd still like to see a good comparison of costs on a separate thread from you on it
I wouldn't say it was that different and might convince lads to go that way down the line
I think it would make good reading and be if great help for na drivers [emoji106]
Alrite, I will get on it ;)

Not so much the longer commute, I can drive it economically but I sit in traffic for long periods to and from work if you know what I mean so will a weekend run, the tank is low. Seems I'm paying for petrol to wasted.

Not so much the longer commute, I can drive it economically but I sit in traffic for long periods to and from work if you know what I mean so will a weekend run, the tank is low. Seems I'm paying for petrol to wasted.
I am traveling every day to and from city centre of dublin, in peak hours, Id rather sit in rumbling and my wrx, than in shitty corsa ;)

Sold my legacy years ago because petrol was going up so much in cost, and bought a 1.6 impreza.
It just wasn't the same even though it was still subaru, and 2 years later, I bought the 2.0 impreza I have now.

Though this sounds daft, you might have to sell your car to realise that you really should have kept it...and then you'll know what to do the next time. You're probably torn between the high cost of ownership of a subaru vs a regular car. You might need to spend a while driving a regular car, and see if you are content with it, or do you need the rumble back in your life.

Think about the economics of the situation as well. Diesels aren't all they are cracked up to be. Some of them aren't that great to drive in slow heavy traffic because they're highly geared, and a high proportion end up with turbo trouble etc.
Also, if it is that you want to get a newer car, and say you need to put 3k with what you sell the impreza for and get a newer diesel...............are you really going to make much of a saving? A lot of the saving will be cancelled with having to pay for the newer car. I've seen people (at work) trade in their car, back it 10k so that they only have to pay €190 motor tax instead of €390. The 10k would pay for a lot of petrol/diesel if they kept what they had....

But it's entirely up to yourself, Eanna. You have to do what you need to do,....each to their own. You can always buy another subaru, and best thing is you know where to get help buying one.

are the rear bumper a boot all black with finger sign 'wash me' if it is then I know the car :p

High-rise now sold. HKS staying with me. Perrin pieces now sold.

Car will come with low rise instead.

Back