Focus 1.6 TDCI Codes

dossie01

Petrolheads
Have code P2584 coming up on the wifes car, with engine management light now too, seems to point to DPF on the old Google machine, i believe these focus models have DPF fluid that need to be topped up? Can anyone shed any light and advise a good ford indy in Dublin/Kildare that could look at it for me?

Cheers
Dave

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi dave
Your fuel additive is low it can be expensive to do as from memory the fluid Is 50-60 a litre and it takes 2-3 litres plus it needs to be reset in the ecu and a regeneration carried out to clean the dpf

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

No man it can be done in an indy if he has good equipment, try ciaran Larkin in Larkin automotive he is here as larsti8 I'd say he could do it, after that I can't help for the dublin area as I don't know many up there ????

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Grrr, need IDS to reset this bloody warning, never got a chance to get to ciaran, got thw PAT fluid from work, flap reset wont work as the dash warning was already up

Dec, if i got the ecu reset and regen the dpf the usual way, long run on mway would that do the job? Does the regen have to ve done via IDS? Car is up and down monasterevin to dublin daily.

Back