Virgin media cutting Setanta

DaveSleggy

So first world problems here but as the title suggests p*xy b*stards that they are Virgin have got rid of Setanta, and whilst i couldnt give a flying F about 99% of that channel they have every second Formula 1 race.

I already had a heated discussion with them about getting rid of channels and breaching contract and they say the have the right to alter "channel line-ups"

I said i signed up and that was part of the reason and whats to stop you dumping the rest of the channels ect ect.

Anyone savy legal guys know if i have a leg to stand on here? Or am I up the creek without a paddle.

"Television programme contents, channels, packages of channels, programming, programming schedules, broadcast hours of any channel, channel allocations, Pay Per View Programmes, VOD and transmission times may change or channels or television programme may no longer be available. This may occur for reasons beyond our control, including decisions of programme providers or technical difficulties, or for reasons that we were not aware of nor could not have foreseen at the time the programme was advertised or scheduled, or if we believe it will improve the Services or for commercial reasons. We shall not be liable to you for any such changes, lack of availability or failure to transmit any advertised television programme or channels or to do so at the advertised time"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My argument is that I was told "they couldn't come to an agreement with setanta" and that doesn't fall under those terms there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat.
Watch the F1 on it.
Gone now.
Thinking about getting eir or sky.
Start using Kodi more.

I totally miss read the title
All I was thinking was what will happen the reindeer lol

On a different note ...why do you pay for sky when you can get the whole lot for free.
All the movies sport fights everything in HD
Ya gotta love the s11

I haven't payed for sky in about 6 years maybe more

Think I'm using the openbox s11 now at this stage

I got rid only flicking adds anyway
only watch YouTube now
kids watch Netflix
And have a plex server setup with loads of movies and tons of box sets on external had drive
not missed at all

I have that amiko alien 2, there is a bit of setting up and maintaining them compared to a sky box. I've antenna and 2 different satellite signals going into it so loads of channels. Is that subscription thing any good, i haven't looked into it

Not sure if that one any good
check user rating on adverts that should give you idea
alien 2 box always got great reviews best one for the money and cheap now

Formal complaint in with Virgin, pissing against the wind, and a email sent to comreg. I imagine the response will be the contract you signed has you over a barrell but you dont get if you dont try.

Ill keep you updated.

Tell me more about this s11

Sorry s11 was my old box
The one I have now is the open box v8sc I think it's called
50 Euro a year gets you everything unplug your sky box plug this one in do a scan and off you go
It uses the sky dish and internet to work
No maintenance always on no jumping from servers or entering codes like the old ones
Only downside to it is you need to but an external drive to record or series link
Think the new one coming out has this built in
Afterdawn.com was where I would get information about them

Back