will this racecat downpipe pass nct test??

I don't think the mot is as bad as our nct so I'd try do your homework on it first just to make sure

I'd be very cautious

Mot no where near as strict in emissions test they call it a smog test I've a mate that has a tvr with stright pipes passes over there Defo wouldn't here.

Try find out what cell the cat is 100 cell sports cats passing in UK but unlikely to pass here

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Most advertised mot pass sports cat downpipes won't pass here in Ireland with the exception of the prodrive one but again it's pure lottery here

Prodrive or miltek 200 cell should be what your after .

Have a prodrive on my car and never a problem passing nct so far .miltek or rcm should be good also . High quality gear but come with bigger pricetag.

In my experience avoid cobra . Shoddy welds and very poor fit (actually a few inches longer than needed)

il look into the prodrive tommy,im just wasting my money so with this downpipe,maybe i might as well just get a full de-cat along with the benefits rather then risking a racecat,i presume thats the direction most people go this side of the pond,along with tearing the d-cat off every year,pain in the ass,
i could try that magnaflow mod

Last edited:
Imo a decat will sound the best and go the best but needs mapping 2 .

Sports cat is best option for me as I don't have access to a ramp regularly/yearly to swap out decat for standard cat for nct . She's mapped with sports cat so all I do is arrive at nct centre and let it through .
Anything for an easy life :icon_grin:

Back