Lidl.

Work shortly there many moons ago and didnt like it at all. My be was just this particular branch but since day one l notice a separation in groups and everyone was b-itching to the manager about the other one. As a new fellow l was focked to stock freezers everyday untill l got sick while the rest of them were sitting on the tills. The give us those '100% customers friendly' badges but we were strongly adviced against spending time talking to customers. You start way before the shops open and finish good bit after it close. Was promised full time, got only 18hrs per week and at the end of the wheek l was surprised to find out that they pay monthly. Needless to say l didnt stay there long. Dont let this discourage you as this was only my experience and was about 7-8 years ago. They pay well but nobody who works there smiles - same goes for aldi.

I don't like going to Lidl or Aldi as they all seem like a right shower. I worked for SV for two years and loved most of it as I'm a very talkative person, knew most regular customers and could talk about which things go with what meals. I was taken from shop floor and put into the butchers and that's where my enthusiasm went down.

I didn't mind handling meat and serving customers but now I had to clean the blood off the walls and I was always the one on the late shift to clean up for the night. I also found myself getting bitter when others won awards like employee of the month when I knew deep down they just coasted by. I have since left SV three months ago but still remain great friends with some of my past co-workers who I still meet on a regular basis for drinks.

Last edited:
I actually work for aldi man, being honest, i find them grand, no problems at all, started with them last October and they start you with a 25hr a week contract, which you will be stuck to for a few weeks, but at €11.50 ph entry its not that bad, but if you prove yourself you get plenty hours, ive been doing 35-37 hours for a long time now ( and lunches are not taken off your pay ie. paid tru your lunch too )
they expect you to be quick on your feet, everything is timed, delivery pallets in the morning, till speed etc... basically they want you to work hard, so you could do the job of two men and if your good and quick enough they are always promoting ppl.
might takes a few years to get there, but shop managers are on 70k a year and rising to 90k if i recall correctly, entry level pay rises to roughly €15.70 or something after five years.
id reccommend them being honest lol

I actually work for aldi man, being honest, i find them grand, no problems at all, started with them last October and they start you with a 25hr a week contract, which you will be stuck to for a few weeks, but at €11.50 ph entry its not that bad, but if you prove yourself you get plenty hours, ive been doing 35-37 hours for a long time now ( and lunches are not taken off your pay ie. paid tru your lunch too )
they expect you to be quick on your feet, everything is timed, delivery pallets in the morning, till speed etc... basically they want you to work hard, so you could do the job of two men and if your good and quick enough they are always promoting ppl.
might takes a few years to get there, but shop managers are on 70k a year and rising to 90k if i recall correctly, entry level pay rises to roughly €15.70 or something after five years.
id reccommend them being honest lol

Cheers folks

Well they are looking for staff in Mullingar in the dispatch but I'm worried that at 52 they might just have a laugh lol cheers.

Not at all. Plenty people around that age working in the distribution centre. Colleague of mine is there 4 years and he loves it.

feel the fear and give it a go

Nothing for life anymore

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back