2002 Rev D Single Turbo Legacy Wagon. 2.1 Stroker 20G

Thanks eddie. I have another car on the road so I'm not in a panic to sell and I won't let it go for a low ball offer. Like you said, theres a lot of time and money gone into it. If it was closer to approaching the 20 year old mark, i'd hold out and try and get a classic policy and maybe store it with the folks and get my dad to stretch its legs every week or so!

We'll see!

One of the members on here recently got his type r insured with autoline as a classic.

He was saying anything over 15 years get accepted

Yup, twas Ali alright. The engine is a lateral perfromance 2.1 kit. CDB was sent to Mark in lateral to machine it for that kit. Ali burrows built it, did the single turbo conversion and fitted the six speed box.

Hmmm, so 15 years old can qualify for classic. That may change things. Any idea of a price?

here it is:

Well after seeing a few people mention autoline insurance based in northern Ireland I tried them today for quote on my 1998 impreza type r for classic insurance which is nearly ready for road.

Full comp with 5000 miles limit for 350 Euro , great price, breakdown cover included. All mods declared also for peace of mind. I mentioned isdc to them and they gave me small discount, or so they said anyway.

You have to be over 25 with another car as daily????

from this thread:
http://www.isdc.ie/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=539253

Sold. Was pretty sad to see it go but also a bit of a weight off my shoulders. 4 months passed by pretty damn quick and it was just gonna sit and go to sh1te so at least it's going to be driven and taken care of.

Hi I'm new to the site only just joined having got myself a new car, imagine my suprise when I came across this thread for the same car, great to see it has had good previous owners. I'd love to learn more about the car if you would mind answering a few questions?

Hi I'm new to the site only just joined having got myself a new car, imagine my suprise when I came across this thread for the same car, great to see it has had good previous owners. I'd love to learn more about the car if you would mind answering a few questions?

Welcome along! I'll pm you Peadar's number, he doesn't be on here much!

Edit: Or not, I don't seem to have his number anymore.

Last edited:
Back