V6 Classic (UK)

Killiano92

Petrolheads
Hi guys, recently got my hands on a standard v6 Classic and should have it up and running shortly along with a blitz nur spec R, and a walbro fuel pump. Have access to an unused AVCR also. What would ye recommend in terms of mapping (who/where) and has anyone used the AVCR in the past? Would it be good to get the AVCR in too and what's involved?

Sell the AVCR and put the funds towards an EcuTek map.

Couple of safety parameters in it such as no boost when engine is cold, boost by gear etc.

Sell the AVCR and put the funds towards an EcuTek map.

Couple of safety parameters in it such as no boost when engine is cold, boost by gear etc.

And V6 ECU can be reflashed with EcuTek can't it?

TDP told me I'd need a piggy back but they dont use EcuTek

I've a UK V6 WRX ECU for sale... with the Ecutek licence already paid for as it was mapped for the previous owner by Bob Rawle (BR Developments) with paper work to prove it.

It was mapped initially for mods to the car (induction, de-cat, 255lph fuel pump and 1.3 bar boost) but I had the map flashed back to standard soon after I bought it by the late Simon Roe of JGM as it was a daily and the mods had been removed.

Let me know if interested, as there are mappers here in Ireland AFAIK that can Ecutek map it for you - and it would be a cheaper option as the licence is already sorted.

Yes V6 ECU can be remapped so no need for piggyback. As Jamie says above, he has one with license fee paid for so buying his ECU and paying mapper could be cheaper than paying for new license/map. Then you've a V6 ECU you can keep or sell on.

I've a UK V6 WRX ECU for sale... with the Ecutek licence already paid for as it was mapped for the previous owner by Bob Rawle (BR Developments) with paper work to prove it.

It was mapped initially for mods to the car (induction, de-cat, 255lph fuel pump and 1.3 bar boost) but I had the map flashed back to standard soon after I bought it by the late Simon Roe of JGM as it was a daily and the mods had been removed.

Let me know if interested, as there are mappers here in Ireland AFAIK that can Ecutek map it for you - and it would be a cheaper option as the licence is already sorted.

Sounds good to me, once I know I can get it mapped in Ireland I'd be happy to go down that route!

Yes V6 ECU can be remapped so no need for piggyback. As Jamie says above, he has one with license fee paid for so buying his ECU and paying mapper could be cheaper than paying for new license/map. Then you've a V6 ECU you can keep or sell on.

Def the way to go that. Surely someone on here knows where I can get EcuTek done in Ireland. So far all I've found googling is a place up north

Def the way to go that. Surely someone on here knows where I can get EcuTek done in Ireland. So far all I've found googling is a place up north

Aonghus Power (AP Performance) in Galway.
Duncan Graham who visits from UK through RSR Automotive.
I think Joe Power does EcuTek aswell but can't remember.

Aonghus Power (AP Performance) in Galway.
Duncan Graham who visits from UK through RSR Automotive.
I think Joe Power does EcuTek aswell but can't remember.

Was trying to find that Aonghus guy always heard good things. Supposedly joe power does it too I think yeah.

I recently spoke with Bob Rawle about this and he said the licence alone is 180.00 sterling before you even map them. I'd happily part with my ECU for 150.00 euro OVNO if you want it... so between the saving on paying the licence and being able to sell your own afterward, it would be a much cheaper option.

Aonghus does them alright.. not sure about Joe Power but as John said, definitely a few UK mappers are over here too every once in a while who could sort it.

I recently spoke with Bob Rawle about this and he said the licence alone is 180.00 sterling before you even map them. I'd happily part with my ECU for 150.00 euro OVNO if you want it... so between the saving on paying the licence and being able to sell your own afterward, it would be a much cheaper option.

Aonghus does them alright.. not sure about Joe Power but as John said, definitely a few UK mappers are over here too every once in a while who could sort it.

Sounds good. Once the leggy is sold the cash will be freed up and I'll take it off your hands hows that?

Not sure if this helps as I've a new age....

But joe power has no issue going into my ecu to map.
Done it a good few times with no issue.

Previously done by Andy Forrest with ecutek.

Back