Htc factory uppdate

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
My phone a HTC m8 cacked itself so had to do a factory reset so I lost all my contacts, can i get them back or am I ****ed
I'm not very technical when it comes to phones or computers lol
Any help would be great
Cheers keith

I have the HTC too Keith, and a bit like yourself i haven't a clue about backups etc. My phone backsup automatically every day, but if i had to get it this minute, not a clue! Its floating around somewhere i believe!!

What i do is plug the phone into a laptop. It will start a programme automatically called HTC Sync Manager. Then its as simple as click, backup to this computer. Then if you loose all your stuff or get a new phone just plug it in and restore the old backup onto the new phone.

Unless you have done something like that in the past though they are probably gone....

Does your phone back up automatically every night? If so they will be stored somewhere. Im sure someone will point you in the right direction....

I have htc one m8.you Should have an account with gmail and the phone is automaticly backing up your content into your mail. I learned the hard way as l crush my screen and l never bothered backing up anything. Nkw l got another m8 and this was the first thing l did.

If you had a Gmail account or the likes on the phone with backup switched on then you'll be able to recover everything. Just sign in and sync the backup with the phone.

there's a china man phone shop around the back of yours there in town - call around to them & if the data is recoverable they will get it back for you - probably do it for 10 or 20 quid

Back