News feed

Dear Subaru: Please Make This Imaginary Forester STI A Reality

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/dear-subaru-please-make-this-imaginary-forester-sti-a-reality/

1856a9a768e4d673c6917a601ab6fa53

Noticed driving on the N7 today that Topaz near exit 8 are offering a more expensive unleaded petrol. Link below to its explanation

https://www.topaz.ie/fuels/milesPlus.aspx

Some of the benefits from their website.
More power and acceleration
Return engine to like new condition
Reduces engine deposit build up
Continues to improve fuel consumption taking you up to 3% further

Doesn't mention anything about higher octane however.

Noticed driving on the N7 today that Topaz near exit 8 are offering a more expensive unleaded petrol. Link below to its explanation

https://www.topaz.ie/fuels/milesPlus.aspx

Some of the benefits from their website.
More power and acceleration
Return engine to like new condition
Reduces engine deposit build up
Continues to improve fuel consumption taking you up to 3% further

Doesn't mention anything about higher octane however.

even if they make it smell like Armani or CK is still only a 93 with additives to barely make it to 95 and lots of beautiful words that means nothing. :facepalm:
I want to see Shell V Power and Tesco Momentum :54:
when it comes to fuel I always remember this old episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQghB4asSnI&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
The Next Ford Focus ST Will Use An RS-Derived 2.3 With 250bhp

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-next-ford-focus-st-will-use-an-rs-derived-23-with-250bhp/

Contrary to previous reports, Ford's next Focus ST won't use a heavily boosted 1.5-litre inline-three

Remember the report which alleged the next Ford Focus ST would churn out 275bhp from a teeny-tiny Fiesta ST 1.5-litre inline-three? You can forget all about that.

Autocar - the same publication to break the original 1.5 story - reports that Ford is won’t go that route, as the 1.5 can’t reliably produce the kind of power figures you’d expect from an ST. Instead, engineers are understood to have opted for a 2.3-litre inline-four turbo. It’ll have “close technical links” to the Ecoboost engine in the Focus RS, Autocar explains, but that could still mean it’ll be a detuned version of the related 2.3 four-banger found in the Mustang.

It won’t make as much power as either though - the anticipated output will be around 250bhp. That’s only a tiny increase over the old one (pictured above), but the next ST should be lighter than the old one - the new Focus) has dropped 88kg “like-for-like” when compared with the outgoing model, and it’s more rigid too.

The RS, on the other hand, will be significantly more powerful than the current model - it’ll put out a monstrous 400bhp from a hybrid powertrain, rumour has it.

I'm Still Mad We Never Got The Incredible Subaru-Based Prodrive P2

422158_1276356294_large.jpg

https://jalopnik.com/im-still-mad-we-never-got-the-incredible-subaru-based-p-1825556588

Making a car is expensive, and nobody would want go through the process of building an entire working automobile if they’re not thinking of putting it on sale. And yet here is (or isn’t) the Prodrive P2, an all-wheel drive monster that never even was meant to be bought.
The P2 made itself known to the world on Top Gear back in 2006, when it got Jeremy Clarkson to puke. Admittedly, this is probably a lower bar than anyone ever expects. I’m sure if you withhold cigarettes from him for several long minutes and then wave a beach towel at him, he’d puke. But that’s not the point.
What was interesting was that the P2 was a two-seater sports car project from the brains behind Subaru’s World Rally Championship golden years.
As such it got a 345 horsepower flat four Impreza engine with all of the tech that you’d find in a contemporary WRC car, as Prodrive explained at the time:

ALS has been derived from the same system found on the Prodrive-designed Subaru World Rally Car, but modified for use on the road. ALS can keep the turbo on full boost at low engine speeds, giving the car immediate throttle response and improved performance by using more of the engine’s torque throughout the rev range.
Our ATD™ system uses active centre and rear differentials to control the torque split between the front and rear of the car and across the rear axle to optimise the car’s handling characteristics by helping to correct over or understeer.

The problem was that the car was only ever a technology demonstrator, meant to show off how the car could spin itself in circles and do good anti-lag bangs. Prodrive conceded it could theoretically get the car into production if another company did the actual production work, but the main goal was “to create something that used the skills of every part of the business and demonstrated the company’s capabilities.”

Maybe I should never have been hopeful at all. Maybe I was just swept up in the last gasps of optimism before the Recession and my friends’ dads all started losing their jobs.

But man, I wish there was more to this thing, and that it might have become some sort of super BRZ before the BRZ was a glimmer in anyone’s eye. The platform itself was a Subaru R1 kei car. It was doable, it just never got done. If there might have been any hope of a revival at some point early on, I’m sure the recession in ‘08 quashed it.
It’s been a good dozen years now since I was first let down by the P2. Am I still mad? Yes.

Subaru Sells Nine-Millionth Car *

http://www.thedrive.com/news/20563/subaru-sells-nine-millionth-car

A small celebration was held for the oncologist in Arkansas who bought the car.
Subaru of America announced that it has sold its nine-millionth vehicle in the United States Monday.

The vehicle was sold by Adventure Subaru in Fayetteville, Arkansas to a Dr. Hershey Garner, a loyal Subaru customer, according to a press release.

“I’ve been waiting for the right Subaru to come along,” said Garner to Subaru. Dr. Garner found what he called the perfect car on the Adventure Subaru’s website, the 50th Anniversary Edition Crosstrek.

“It has all the features I was looking for, and the color and size are the perfect fit.”

After taking delivery of the Crosstrek, Garner was greeted by the owner of Adventure Subaru, Don Nelms, and facility staff and staff from Subaru America. A small celebration followed and Garner was presented with a handful of gifts. *A charitable donation was made on his behalf to Feed Communities, a nonprofit that works to increase access to healthy foods and improve healthy food choices within the community.
Garner and his family are active members of the community. Dr. Garner supports Circle of Life Hospice and fills in as a staff physician while his wife has served on the board of Feed Communities, one of Subaru’s Share the Love local charity recipients.
Adventure Subaru is also active in community outreach and environmental stewardship, according to a statement from the company.
In March of this year, Crosstrek achieved its best-ever sales with an 88.2 percent increase over March of 2017. March was also the first time that Crosstrek topped 13,000 units in a month.

Now this is bad. Some scum out there:

SCOOBYWORX

WARNING

We had a customer (NASER ALI) purchase a large amount of items (£1900) with stolen credit card from us and they were delivered and signed for at this business address. Top Gear Motors 341 Holbrook Lane, Coventry, Warwickshire, CV6 4DG

4 Packages signed for by Ali and Khan

We have now lost out as the credit card company has done a chargeback.

Contacted Top Gear Motors and by email was told nothing to do with them and they havnt signed for the packages even though i have proof they have.

Was also advised nobody called Naser Ali works there even though he managed to sign for 2 of the packages. Mr Khan i believe is the owner.

BEWARE of this company

Finally joined as a full member. Long overdue on my part after getting such great help from club members in the past. Looking forward to the welcome pack now.:icon_grin:

Back