News feed

Some of them turns are mighty steep and when you come off road at high speed it's easy to forget very lucky no one hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit of car alarm going sound but l can live with that:

WATCH OVER 1000HP OF SILENT RELENTLESS SPEED

With 260Hp batteries on each wheel for a total of over 1000Hp and some advanced torque vectoring to ensure torque is placed on all the right place, this machine used by Acura to conquer Pikes Peak is quite the divisive machine.

Using the chassis of Acura´s ALMS contender underneath an NSX inspired shell, aerodynamics to rival any World Time Attack Challenge machine and Japanese ace Tetsuya Yamano at the wheel, speed and efficiency would never be lacking, but in a race where altitude plays such an important role, it is another aspect of this Monster that catches the public attention. It´s lack of noise..

There´s no internal combustion to be found here as its a fully electric Race car with 4 batteries (one on each wheel) for a total of over 1000Hp and some supreme traction capable of catapulting it from 0-100Km/h in less than 1.5 seconds and on Pikes Peak twisty hill climb it achieved a 9.06 chrono (good enough for a 3rd pace overall on 2016).

Few things then can keep up with this machine apart from the warning siren and public reluctant to accept such a different machine...Check it out...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vimkohb2H_4&time_continue=40

Petter Solberg:

Colin McRae was my idol when starting my motorsport career, and I was honoured to later become both his teammate and his friend. I learnt so much from him both in and out of a rally car, but looking at these photos from previous editions of Rally Argentina it looks like our driving style was even more similar than I thought!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1493232486980.jpg
    FB_IMG_1493232486980.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 80
Im still very uncomfortable with this 'saliva dna theft' and lm not going to subject myself voluntarily to this human rights violation. The feck off go testing the politicians anfld their own kind @&#&®¤®

Whether the recent premium increases are due to an effort to restore underwriting profitability or as a result of the high level of 'soft tissue' claims, one thing's for sure - drivers want to pay less.

A well known advert for car insurance mocks the tried and tested method of calling around to a large number of firms for different quotes - and yet this is still the best way to shop for a quote.

Same driver, same car, same personal details and experience will proffer wildly different results when ringing multiple agents in varying companies.
Communications Director and founding member of Bonkers.ie Simon Moynihan said that in the current climate "it's not aspirational for young people to own a car".

"In our office, all except two people [for which having a car is a necessity] take public transport due to the hassle factor and the cost.
"We're very fortunate to live close to good public transport links but for people regularly making the rural-urban commute, having a car is a necessity."

Independent.ie reached out to a number of different providers to discuss what actually impacts the cost of your premium when you ring up to get a quote.

Six main factors that influence costs
1) Driving experience (driving licence type)

2) Age of main driver and additional drivers

3) Claims history (No claims discount)

4) Type of vehicle (age, engine size, value)
5) Where you live - and where you park your car at night

5) Your profession - but mainly if the car is used for work
6) Type of insurance (Comprehensive or Third Party Fire and Theft)

Top tips to get the best deal
Gary McClarty, MD of MCL Insurance Services, operator of its4women.ie has also offered a number of tips for drivers to keep costs down.

1) Consider a new payment plan
"Insurance policies can cost more when paid for on a monthly basis. If drivers can afford to pay their cover on an annual basis, in one lump sum, they should benefit from a cheaper overall cost of insurance."
2) Stay longer

"Remaining with the same provider for a number of years may reduce your premium"
3) Shop around
"If you’re not happy with a quote or the service from your existing provider isn’t up to scratch, then shop around"

4) Add another driver
"Drivers might find that by adding another driver, their premium is reduced"
5) Consider telematics

"Telematics is clever technology that allows insurers to understand a driver’s location, driving behaviours and more. If you are skilled, responsible driver, you may benefit from installing a telematics box."
6) Consider a higher excess
"If you are prepared to pay a higher excess, which is the amount you contribute towards your claim could also reduce your premium"

Are insurance premiums ever going to decrease?
Mr Moynihan believes that insurance costs have reached a "tipping point" with high premiums and limiting criteria, and that we are "unlikely to see further increases".

"I see costs stabilising and I don't think it will go up much more. That said, firms have managed to hit much higher premiums than before so I really don't see it coming down."
The Central Bank of Ireland's fifth Consumer Protection Bulletin, which is focused on the motor insurance sector, was published this month.
Compiled from data submitted by 24 motor insurance companies providing insurance to Irish personal consumers in 2016, a total of 11,502 complaints were received in the second half of the year, representing 0.5pc of live policies.
Some 6.2pc of the complaints were made by consumers in relation to motor insurance claims.

The Government’s Cost of Insurance Working Group Report outlines that court awards set the benchmark for all other awards, with figures from The Courts Service showing that the average Circuit Court award increased by 21.2pc in 2015, following a 13.5pc increase in 2014.
"In addition, gross incurred claims (a measure of all claims paid and those not yet settled) increased by a total of 44pc from 2013-2015. This is the true effect of a volatile claims environment and highlighted the need for a policy response," Insurance Ireland CEO Kevin Thompson said.
"Insurers want predictable claims costs at a level society can afford and the impact of rising costs was evident in areas such as increases in uninsured driving, which is a major road safety issue.
"Insurance Ireland highlighted its solutions including bringing consistency to personal injury awards, measures to tackle whiplash, giving increased powers to the Injuries Board to handle more claims and prevent them going to litigation, internationally benchmarking our high personal injury awards and introducing measures to reduce legal costs.

"Insurance Ireland believe this report alone does not reduce the risk and costs in the market but implementing the right policies can bring much needed stability and certainty for motorists."

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/these-factors-impact-car-insurance-premiums-but-what-can-you-do-to-bring-costs-down-35639010.html

I cant forget when l sold my first legacy 2.5 n/a to a mate of mine assuming that since we were same gender, age, ncb etc. that he is going to get the car insured the same way like me. Did he got a wake up call. He was so pissed off he ask me to go to axa with him with my policy which was half of what they were asking him. But the insurers are more like politicians - you can get streight answer from neither of them

Time flies indeed:

23 years ago today, one of the most widely known names in racing was lost. Ayrton Senna was a three time F1 world champion, who continues to inspire drivers of all ages today.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1493654708022.jpg
    FB_IMG_1493654708022.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 45
Time flies indeed:

23 years ago today, one of the most widely known names in racing was lost. Ayrton Senna was a three time F1 world champion, who continues to inspire drivers of all ages today.

I remember watching it on TV as it happened...
If only the Hans device had of been around then I'd say he would have survived that crash .....sad sad day and Dutch a gifted driver ....I would pray for rain on race day this is when senna drove at his best

I remember watching it on TV as it happened...
If only the Hans device had of been around then I'd say he would have survived that crash .....sad sad day and Dutch a gifted driver ....I would pray for rain on race day this is when senna drove at his best
Gifted behind the wheel and such an ambassador for the sport sadly missed

Back