News feed

did anyone check out the nurburgring story of the chap blaming his FAT mate for causing him to crash his honda . its doing the rounds and the internet brigade are adding fuel to fire

#blamejames

comedy gold

did anyone check out the nurburgring story of the chap blaming his FAT mate for causing him to crash his honda . its doing the rounds and the internet brigade are adding fuel to fire

#blamejames

comedy gold
Was reading it earlier when you can't drive you have to blame someone. It's on nurburgring now discussion page on facebook

Sure post it up I ain’t on Facebooks holding out for as long as I can [emoji846]

Meeke axed by Citroën

Kris Meeke has been dropped by Citroën for the remainder of the season following his massive accident at Vodafone Rally de Portugal last weekend.

The Ulsterman and co-driver Paul Nagle will not start next month’s Rally Italia Sardegna (7 - 10 June) or any of the remaining WRC rounds due to ‘an excessively high number of crashes’, the French manufacturer announced late on Thursday afternoon.

Team principal Pierre Budar said the decision to axe Meeke was based on safety considerations.

“This wasn’t an easy decision to make because it effects a driver and a co-driver, but it is largely founded on safety issues which come under my preoccupations as team principal. We have consequently chosen to make this decision as a preventive measure,” he said.

A statement from Citroën Racing said: “Due to an excessively high number of crashes, some of which were particularly heavy and could have had serious consequences with regard to the crew’s safety, and given that the risks involved were unjustified by the sporting stakes at play, Citroën Racing WRT has decided to terminate the participation of Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle in the 2018 WRC.”

Craig Breen and Mads Østberg will drive C3 cars in Italy and Citroën said it would shortly confirm the team’s line-up for the remainder of the season.

Ironically Meeke posted on social media shortly before the announcement to say he was looking forward to the Italian gravel event.

“So Portugal’s over now, and we’re already looking forward to Sardinia in a couple of weeks,” he wrote on Facebook.

“Our starting position should help us again and we’ve a pre-event test coming up where I know the Citroën Racing team will be able to try a few more ideas on set-up, having learned more on the car last weekend.
“It’ll be good to put those changes and improvements into practice, and I’m optimistic that we’ll be able to give our season fresh momentum again as we head into summer.”

Time to remove emergency tax placed on fuel during austerity, say AA

There has been a call for the government to reduce the emergency tax put on fuel during austerity.

The request comes as petrol and diesel hit their highest prices since 2015 after rising by 6 cent last month.

Additional taxes adding up to around 20c were placed on fuel after the economic crash.

Conor Faughnan from the AA says it's time this was re-examined.

"10 years after the emergency ... if they just took those emergency taxes off then we would be having a conversation about petrol costing 1.25 or 1.26 rather than the 1.46 or 1.47 it is now."

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland...d-on-fuel-during-austerity-say-aa-848195.html

Unfortunately they won’t as they are making to much from it especially with nearly full employment more cars on road government would take clothes of your back and still look for more

On 24th of June back in the 1958 Maurus C. Logan invented maybe the most amazing invention of all times, the CABLE TIE (ty-rap).

Today this invention is used in every possible way in all types of DIY tasks & for us - Stitching up our cars!

It`s been 60 YEARS - Thank you Mr. Logan

With the hose ban now in place. How dirty will the cars get on the roads. And i just ordered a new karcher power washer :icon_sad:

Most car wash ie jet wash etc reuse the water over and over again so they should be good to go

I heard that yesterday on the radio. And again divide and conquer tactics:
who are robbing honest policyholders
. Trying to turn regular people against regular people. And to turn the attention from the real robber THE INSURANCE companies who not rob but r@p€ us for years. But you wont see government creating a special task force to tackle dodgy insurance companies.
Prime example for the dummies where the government priorities lay and its not with you but the big corpo once again. And the only thing they are robbing is few measly millions out of insurance comps profit. Also me being nobody can assure you even if they star catching fraudsters we still wont get lower quotes without a fight. There is a group on FB called Irish people against extortionate Insurance. Joint to read what the real victims are saying.( its too early for a longer rant)

Cork Car Scene hosts it "End of Summer Cruise" on August 18th

Meeting in KFC Little Island at 9 and on the road for 10.

Stay in convoy, no heroes. Keep up if you don't want to be lost. This will be a night to remember!!

Use your heads. At the end of the day it's your car scene.

Snapchat:CorkCarScene
Facebook:CorkCarCork
Stickers available on the night, €3 each.

We also welcome convoys from any part of the country so don't be afraid to invite your friends!!

Please no heroes, full windows advised, no messing at the meeting point! On the night you will be filled in with more info. Any questions give us a shout.. See you there!

Andy Forrest wins at Super Lap Scotland! Setting a new lap record with his AMB Aero Infinity Wing equipped Subaru known as the “Storm Trooper”. Andy: “We couldn't be happier with how the aero has performed, the CFD predictions were highly accurate and that helped us save a lot of time with the setup since we had numbers that lined up to reality."

True story... when we first ran the car with the new aero, something didn't stack up, ride heights were not doing what they should at speed and the car was understeering badly at WTAC 2017. When we got home, I questioned the CFD numbers, thinking (as you do) it was someone elses mistake. Meanwhile I went over my own design work again, guess what, I had screwed up on my rear spring rate calculations and had not accounted for the wheel rate leverage values being squared. Basically we were running 30% too soft on rear springs and load transferring too much across the front in corners.Rear spring and damper change and we are sorted and the car now goes where I point it, with the rake angle change being spot on. I must remember to apologise to my aero guy one day for doubting the numbers ;)

Wondering what to do on the August Bank Holiday Monday? Wonder no more..... If you are into vintage & classic cars, then get yourself to the Dalkey town from 11:30 on Monday for the Dalkey Vintage Car Festival.

Back