So long s5

DaveSleggy

SO getting out of the car yesterday my Galaxy S5 took a tumble and obliterated the screen. I think its about €150 to replace the screen and that's about what theyre worth I might not bother going down that road.

But does anyone here do this screen replacement job themselves? I hear its a pig of a job that involves melting glue and other messing around.

Also as for a replacement, Im due an upgrage that I wasn't going to use but now I guess I will. Any advise on options? I would say the bigger screen the better personally, and coming from the S5 id like a increase in performance/battery life.

my brain is so fooked for a second I was thinking what ford galaxy and audi s5 have in common :O

I was in the same boat with htc m8 with armour case and gorilla screen and cracked. they asked for 100E for a new screen, but I had to do it as I coudnt save my contacts etc without working screen. If you handy with your tools you can buy the screen and replaced it yourself. there should be plenty videos on youtube

Theres only 2 options really - S7 edge or the HTC One 10 - only just released on 3 network yesterday as they have exclusive on it for a short time.
If you're a Samsung fan then the S7 edge would be perfect - I was always a HTC man so am eyeing up the new One 10

Yeah I wouldn't mind a plus phone as I do enjoy media/games on the phone and use it for work emails and the likes. Not too sold on the edge screen yet worried its just another thing to go wrong like

Im on my second HTC one m9 and they are by far the best phone iv ever had. You still have to charge it every night but i find the performance brilliant.

I have a friend working for carphone warehouse and got me a discount on a s7 edge. Couldnt say no so ill have that after work. Cheers for the input lads.

Is the m10 out now lol
I'm using the m8 love it I have a new m9 there unopened might flog it for the m10
Dam phones move 2 fast I'm still getting my head around the m8 lol

Im on my second m8 and dont need much more from a phone to be fair. Only wonder what extra the m10 has to offer?!?!

The 10 is only on 3 for the moment Keith - I had heard they had an 'exclusive' on it so assume will be available on all other networks within a month?
The 10 is light years ahead of the M8 or M9 - all the reviews now have it on a par with the Galaxy S7 etc where as the M8 & M9 were all lagging behind the equivalent Samsungs in their years.

The 10 is only on 3 for the moment Keith - I had heard they had an 'exclusive' on it so assume will be available on all other networks within a month?
The 10 is light years ahead of the M8 or M9 - all the reviews now have it on a par with the Galaxy S7 etc where as the M8 & M9 were all lagging behind the equivalent Samsungs in their years.

Oh I'm on 3
Thanks boss

S7 edge is amazing. Lightening quick makes my S5 look like a Nokia 3210

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Was the 5110 the one with the little areal
The next one was good can't tenner the number it also had snake I think

Yea one of the first phones with interchangeable covers savage phone.

Had em all

The ultimate version 6310i

Limhium polimer battery seriously advanced for the time unreal standby.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back