New tyres

gseco

Sunday Drivers
Hi,

I'm looking for a set of new tyres for my WRX standard 17'' rims. I'm not 100% on what to go for so looking for some reccomendations. I was looking at uniroyal rainsport 3's and Toyo T1R's has anyone got any opinions on either? I'm getting a price of ~300 delivered of camskill is that a decent price?

Thanks

I have the t1r tyre on the 106 if I'm honest I'd not be buying them again, side walls are soft and they wollow around a bit, good tyre but better out there for same money.
Coming from a set of toyo 888 everything is going to feel soft I keep pulling into garage to pump them as they feel as if they are low in pressure but bang on every time.

Last edited:
T1R is ok (8 years ago this was the go-to-tyre) and better than the Rainsport (good on medium power daily drivers) for a more sporty driving feel with feedback; however the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or 3 (high performance daily / wknd) is a big step forward for the relatively small additional cost.

See info in link (won against other well rated tyres). http://www.eiretyres.com/product/Goodyear/45/17/R-302359

Around 360euro should get you top of the line tyres.
F1 asymmetric 3 I'd highly recommend.

I use them and RE070 bridgestones.

Both are great tyres, bridgestones are noisy and more for fast driving.

T1r's are old tech now days.

Has anyone heard or had any experience with blacklion tyres, just done a deal with the drift championship over hear and have heard a few decent reviews but then again the cars in question haven't exactly been high powered

Around 360euro should get you top of the line tyres.
F1 asymmetric 3 I'd highly recommend.

I use them and RE070 bridgestones.

Both are great tyres, bridgestones are noisy and more for fast driving.

T1r's are old tech now days.

Looking at getting RE070 after my eagle f1 asymmetrics 2 for the DC5.

How do they compare bar road noise to the eagles.

Feel the sidewalls are just that bit too soft for the DC5 with the eagles

Looking at getting RE070 after my eagle f1 asymmetrics 2 for the DC5.

How do they compare bar road noise to the eagles.

Way better I think and great on track.
Very hard side walls and hard wearing tyre.

Has worlds of grip in the dry and no flex on the limit.

Even on wet road or track once they have heat they are like glue!

Very cheap tyre for what they can achieve.
Look savage on a wheel too with the smooth cut slick style, square looking tyre if you get me?

My recent set were 360 delivered.

Chris... is that with a normal weight rated tyre (93 or 94) or using XL version (97) for your car?

I use the 235/45/17 97XL instead of the 93 or 94 weight rating.
Means side wall is a bit stiffer and just about the right balance between rigid enough for good feedback and control, yet compliant enough to deal with poor roads and maintain good grip where and how I use the car.

Cheers for the advice there lads I'll have a look at some ye mentioned!

I hadn't selected delivery to ROI on camskill so when adding in delivery they seem to be priced just the same as oponeo.

Is there anywhere that will match the online prices or am I best to buy online and get fitted??

Is there anywhere that will match the online prices or am I best to buy online and get fitted??

Totally depends on what tyre, when and where... same tyre could be cheaper online today even when you add fitting and balancing... but tomorrow same one could be better at some bricks and mortar place. Always best to price around once you've decided what tyre option(s) you want.

Keep in mind oponeo are sending from Germany and will take around 5 working day(if they have it in stock).

They are the XL eagles on the DC5. They are good but still feel that small bit soft.

Where did you get them at that price graham. I know what your saying about the look of them. Very mean looking for a tyre

They are the XL eagles on the DC5. They are good but still feel that small bit soft.

Where did you get them at that price graham. I know what your saying about the look of them. Very mean looking for a tyre

Openeo is where I got them.
Camskill are too dear with sterling and postage added on, delivered for 360 from openeo and took 4 days.

Keep an eye on price as it fluctuates.

Absolutely loved the RE070's on my DC5! Brilliant tyre. Are they E marked yet Graham?

Don't know never checked, passed Nct though a week ago with them.

Mine were from Camskill and failed due to no E mark but Oponeo stock and advertise them so they must have an E mark now. I'm thinking of getting them for the impreza. They've come down a good bit in price aswell!

Sounds good.

Would they be in the same league as AD08A's. Was looking at these as well but are they a bit much for a road tire ?

Sounds good.

Would they be in the same league as AD08A's. Was looking at these as well but are they a bit much for a road tire ?

Unsure about day to day but on track the RE070's, ao48, ad08, 888's etc are all very similar with tenths of the seconds difference and price difference.

I think Baz has tried the ad08's on his wagon.

Back