Water charges gone?

Dunno, but my better half already cancelled direct debit so we are not charged again

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Dunno, but my better half already cancelled direct debit so we are not charged again

I have outstanding balance with them 160 yoyos, they are sending me sms twice a week to pay, clearly trying to get as many ppl to pay before the whole thing is scrapped...

I'm from the north so doesn't effect me but I seen something on the news earlier that Fianna Fáil and Fianna Gael were at stalemate and the agreement came that they would suspend water charges for 9 months and let a Dàil and independent commission look into its feasibility.

There still fitting water meters around Galway city, as for gone

Don't believe in everything you see on the news, they say anything to avoid another vote for election

Didn't pay,and won't pay for something we already pay in taxes!!!!

Water is a human right,not to make some pr1ck more rich

Not sure how and when it was charged in taxes from, but paying for infrastructure and clean water is normal across the world. Of course if Irish government already taxes it, but with all this wanted to "collect new tax" that's bollocks.

Dont pay it
its gone
It is real
Water is very important apparently but not as important as retaining power
Glad to see it gone personally
nice to see the people make a change
lots want to keep paying so i say let it remain voluntary contribution and everyones a winner
except the labour party :icon_grin:

I don't believe it. The invested millions to get all those water meters installed to just sc**** it all together. Been living long around and under enough governments to know that if the give you something with one hand they will take it double with the other.

edit: ^^^s-c-r-a-p-e :D

theres a lot of talk about we should / shouldnt pay for water
i think it wasnt water at all just that the General Population who where struglling decided enough was enough and water happened to be the issue of the day
im all for people protesting and making change
even it costs me more in the long run wich im sure it will

I have no problem paying for water if it's fair and transparent they just it to pay the banks.
I'm so glad I didn't register.
What did my head in was if you took rain water off your roof and used it to run your gray water supply like toilets they wanted to charge you for the water that fell from the sky.........wa.nkers
I'm sure it will be back on the agenda soon I don't think it will be the last we hear from Irish water.

Just heard on new stalk
If you paid in last 8 weeks you get a refund within 24 hrs
Nothing if before that

That zapone claim is the kind of representatives we have

Sunday Times: New TD Katherine Zappone Making Questionable Expense Claims
Newly elected TD Katherine Zappone stands to gain over €80,000 over the next five years based on questionable expense claims according to a front page story in today's Sunday Times.

All TDs are required to self-declare the "shortest practicable route" to and from Leinster House as there are different expenses payable depending on how far they have to travel.

According to the article, Zappone, who represents Dublin South West and lives near Brittas in Dublin, has submitted documentation to the Oireachtas claiming that her "normal place of residence" is more than 25 km from Leinster house.

This would entitle her to a €25,295 allowance per year to cover travel and accommodation expenses.

TDs who live within 25 km of Leinster House get a €9,000 allowance, known as the Dublin rate.

However, according to the Sunday Times, Zappone lives only 22 km from Leinster House. She stands to gain an extra €81,475 over a five year Dáil term compared to what she would get only on the Dublin rate.

During her time in the Seanad she was also paid expenses on the basis that she lived more than 25 km from Leinster House although no breakdown of expenses is given for this period in the article.

Zappone did not respond to queries about this issue when contacted last week although she previously told the Sunday Times when they questioned her Senate expenses that she took a longer route (28 km) that takes a shorter period of time to get to and from Leinster House.

this:

Attachments

• 13091953_851776148260800_6311912954311494888_n.jpg
    13091953_851776148260800_6311912954311494888_n.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 107
Anyone want to buy a good water meter.

Barely used - non revenue required.

The cnuts will be after us again for charges

First on the TDs expenses. Unbelievable. For the last six years my normal place of residency has been Ireland. For six years I have worked in Spain, Scotland and Italy and the revenue refused to allow me to claim expenses for travelling to and from my place of work each week. How many TDs had my commute? 25km from Leinster house! Ah God love them. I had to use up a day off work just commuting back to the country I was based in in order to to report for duty the following day. The expenses these bastards submit is a massive two fingers to the revenue and to the people that sit in traffic for the 1 or 2 hours a day they commute to work. Public transport? Yeah the Luas that could be an option, oh wait hang on ehhhhh. What about Dublin bus? Yeah that could be an option, oh wait hang on, stand waiting for 30 minutes and 3 of the bloody things come at once. Sit on a seat with stains and chewing gum stuck on it. The occasional smell of piss and sick. Risk a brick coming in the window at you. And don't get me started on those people that listen to music with the volume so loud it can be heard upstairs!

Water. Enda kenny has basically made a complete eejit of the people that signed up to Irish Water and paid their bills from the start. Its a disgrace that no government has been formed nearly 3 months after a general election. The democratic right of the people who voiced their opinion!. The acting government had a duty to put aside their stupid grievances with one another and govern as the people voted. Has this happened? No. Politicians make me sick. I'll suspend water charges if you give me back my job. Thats essentially what General Election 2016 has boiled down to. Suspend? haha Michael Martin and the other parties must be delighted. Suspend? Its political suicide. What party now wants to be known as the party that brought back in water charges?

To slightly balance my point I will say FG made the tough choices and turned this country around but its the Irish people that are ultimately responsible for it. The Irish people are the ones that have suffered while these bastards submit expense claims of 5+ figures!
Housing, homelessness, mental health, shite health care system....this acting government has failed the people who jumped at their every command to the detriment of their own well-being. In the end its the people in Leinster house that, when their time comes, will ride off into the sunset with their €92,000 pension and all other benefits.

So who else do you vote for? Sweet jesus you look around and honestly they are all as bad as each other. The political system in Ireland is stale to the core and needs an injection of fresh younger blood. But if you're in your 20 and 30s right now with an interest in politics and your looking in at whats going on right now, would you want any part of it?

I think fg have made a mistake rolling back on water
there will be a election within 12 months and they'll loose massive votes
ff will clean up from water protest votes
sin fein stay the same until Adams is gone

as for fg turning the country around and making tough decisions
I don't think it matters who was there at the time
similar decisions would have been made
the politician isn't in power it's always the man standing beside him you've to look at

Like Noonan did he make any decisions except what our E.U. / Troika / IMF Counterparts told him to do (again doesent matter what party member here all the same )

who do you vote for ?
the opposition whoever that is
keep them on there toes and never comfortable

politics in Ireland is local politics
you don't do well unless your pulling strokes from the start of it
local interests over rules national interests

years ago I used to deliver a big a4 envelope full of cash every now and again for a ex boss
delivered to the man beside the man (allegedly)
who could get things done for you

that's how politics works in this Country

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I think is the term

keep voting the alternative if your voting would be my suggestion and don't take anything any of them say seriously :icon_grin:

Anybody on here ever get 300k tax free after being in a job for 3 years ?
http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ss-will-get-300k-taxfree-payoff-34694922.html
Thats how things work and doesent matter what ****er is in :angry1:

great quote from the late Great George Carlin ,American themed but still applies here too

"Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice . . . you don’t. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own, and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying . . . lobbying, to get what they want . . . Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but I’ll tell you what they don’t want . . . they don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that . . . that doesn’t help them. That’s against their interests. That’s right. They don’t want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table and think about how badly they’re getting ****ed by a system that threw them overboard 30 ****in' years ago. They don’t want that. You know what they want? They want obedient workers . . . Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it, and now they’re coming for your Social Security money. They want your ****in' retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They’ll get it . . . they’ll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this ****in' place. It’s a big club and you ain't in it. You and I are not in The big club. By the way, it’s the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Good honest hard-working people . . . white collar, blue collar it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard-working people continue, these are people of modest means . . . continue to elect these rich cocksuckers who don’t give a **** about you. They don’t give a **** about you . . . they don’t give a **** about you. They don’t care about you at all . . . at all . . . at all, and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. That’s what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue **** that’s being jammed up their assholes everyday, because the owners of this country know the truth. It’s called the American Dream cause you have to be asleep to believe it .

Bit of a thread resurrection. All the stop-cock housings outside mine were marked up by Irish Water last week for metre fittings.

Back