Garda Robovan

Cash Cow is right!

50kph is totally unnecessary there and 80kph just before it the same - it's a dual carriage way. They're also often on the other side of the roundabout where the bus-stop is getting people coming out of town.

The N81 by contrast is single lane with loads of bad bends and poor surfacing and is posted at 100kph.
Assigned speeds are a joke!

BTW... Today that van was parked on the grass verge at Palmerstown - just before the garage. 60kph there even though it is a dual carriage way. I was fine today, but got two fines there about 5 years ago - notorious spot apparently as all 80kph except for the little bit between the ESSO and the M50 ramp. Nothing to do with safety as never any accidents there... just about the $$$.

N11 is a cash cow full stop.

From the Glen of the downs all the way to the city centre is dotted with sneaky speed checks .

Thankfully haven't been caught for 6 years now but even when I was it was where the limit drops from 80 to 60 and I was at 70 .

Get caught with them and your in the shits
Had a motorbike a few years ago and the back plate was on a hinge soon as you got up to speed it would tuck up under the rear mudguard and pop down at slower speeds lol
Dt style bike

Back