Plastering

DaveSleggy

Anyone know how much it costs to get a plasterer in, skim where the walls have been chased after the rewire and the likes. Got a quote of €130 a day from a lad that I thought was reasonable but the misses throws a fit saying its mad money.

Sounds ok could can be up to 150/180 a day for a trades man that's paying tax etc can't really price patching but get him in when all chaseing is done and should only be a day or 2 in it :thumbsup: tell the spark to take it easy on the walls aswell will make it handier :thumbsup:

I had a lad do a bathroom ceiling and a wall I was hanging a TV on 140 for the day I thought it would have been more to be honest.

130euro for car repair for my missus is extremely too much, 150 for her shoes and I am cheap ba*tard:D:D:D:D j/k

+1 your gonna have your hands full
If I was you I'd sit down and work out a budget and what needs to be done first.
Tradesmen don't come cheap well good ones don't lol.
Things can get out of hand very quickly if your not keeping an eye on spends.
I hope I works out.
The best way I found was not to tell the wife what stuff cost then she can't moan until it's 2 late lol

It is several handfuls!

Things are coming in at or under expected amounts for the initial budget I set for us.

Luckily the rewire and heating both came in under budget so that's freed up money for the small things I overlooked. The kitchen I got donated by my family will fit in, and myself and a carpenter mate are starting that tomorrow. Then im having the kitchen lino put down which saves on tiling, which I don't have the time or money to do.

Second skip wasn't expected (scumbags filled first one and left a sofa on my driveway on sat night), plasterer was overlooked, living room furniture was kind of ignored so we will be sitting on boxes for a while. But thank god nothing major has gone wrong......yet! haha

Good tip ......set fire to the skip in the middle of the night it's like getting a free skip lol

Back