Attic conversion

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
I have decided to convert the attic I'm looking to put bathroom and shower in it.
It's a nice big size attic with loads of hight.
Has anyone here any recommendations of places who did work or know of any company they would recommend.
Also any tips or tricks you did with yours that you were happy with.
Thanks
Keith.

http://tradesmen.ie/

Iv used this and so far have no complaints from the what iv got. You basically draw up an ad for the job you want and budget you have in mind and lads get in touch with you saying they want the job.

Can be a costly job to do keith and prices will vary...you could get a fella that wants to put it tru the books and it might cost ya say 10k (just a random figure ) and the next fella will do it in the same amount of time and not put it tru the books and you could save yourself 2 to 3 grand...I've seen it happen here in Cork..best to hold off and not jump the gun and use the first guy that comes to price it and get someone that's been recommended by someone that you know...some fellas think that everyone has a money tree out the back garden...

Should of said that I got mine done last year aswell and got some crazy quotes at the time and from fellas that I knew:icon_omg:

I have decided to convert the attic I'm looking to put bathroom and shower in it.
It's a nice big size attic with loads of hight.
Has anyone here any recommendations of places who did work or know of any company they would recommend.
Also any tips or tricks you did with yours that you were happy with.
Thanks
Keith.

currently doing an attic conversion over in clontarf. would be more then happy to qoute you. You could also call over and have a look no problem, bring the misses aswell.

I recommend you have a structural engineer design and size the roof timbers and then get chipy's to price like for like.

No point in going for the cheap lad who will leave you with a creaky roof and cracked ceilings

Back