Timing belt

Zigster

so timing belt needs changed,

got the parts already.

where is the best place to go for labor only price wise.

Cheers

Not really something I.d do myself unless I was doing the work. I always let the man that changing it supply the parts:thumbsup:

Not really something I.d do myself unless I was doing the work. I always let the man that changing it supply the parts:thumbsup:

just a saving getting the kit myself from the motor factors. as with any other part.

normally do most work ourself here at just cant do this. so more than happy to provide the part myself

just a saving getting the kit myself from the motor factors. as with any other part.

normally do most work ourself here at just cant do this. so more than happy to provide the part myself

Bad idea imo, in the unlikely event of component failure it would hard to claim warranty for damage caused if mechanic not purchased from regular supplier

I wouldn't be overly confident in them .

Asked them to price belt and pulleys on my yoke 3 or 4 years only to be told they would only do the Belt as pulleys would be fine . A quick exit followed .

Bad idea imo, in the unlikely event of component failure it would hard to claim warranty for damage caused if mechanic not purchased from regular supplier

Would many places stand over this even if they had supplied parts?

I think what seanie is saying is if something happens a pulley the motorfactors the mechanic gets his parts off would stand over it as they know them from buying parts.

I get it here in the bike shop every day, lads buying parts on chain reaction for cost then bringing it in for fitting 90% of the time the parts are wrong size or spec for there bike.
So I just don't bother with it anymore its a pain in the balls.
I'm sure most mechanic be the same about people bringing parts they got off the net or cheap somewhere that are not up to there spec, and if it s.hits it's self a week down the road he was the last at it..
That's my 2 cents on it maybe I'm wrong.
I'm like Joe I give over the car and I let my mechanic do it from top to bottom.

False economy not replacing pulleys and tensioners and water pump(mileage dependant)

Got my kit supplied and fitted in England,cheaper than I was quoted here(mates rates)

We are set price €549.00 fitted

Belt.
Tensioner
X4 idler pulleys
Coolant
Labour

For non turbo sohc engines are €499.00

For same things, I once got a quote of over 800 with OE parts. Around 400 for aftermarket.

Back