Cheap NCT emissions solution

seanie

for anyone running a decat downpipe at the moment like myself it is a pain in the tits having to swap your downpipe for the NCT.
so i decided to try installing a removable cat at the end of the downpipe.
i purchased a Magnaflow decat on ebay, i was skeptical of the quality/ performance of these due to the price...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/301783598031?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

However it worked a treat and flew through the emissions. simple enough job if you know anyone handy with a welder.
i fitted it at the very end of the downpipe downstream from original cat position but this did not seem to stop it performing, it may have taken longer to get to operating temperature but it did the job.
just weld on flanges and you can bolt in bolt out for test.

Fair Play Seanie
Its the way to go allright
any chance of pics? as this is something id say will be quiet useful to Members :thumbsup:

What's the pass rate as my STi bug passes with no cat at all, as I have a full miltek from the turbo back and have no issues when it comes to MOT in the north.

Mine was borderline fail on CO without cat last test, flew through it this time.
the newage maybe more refined? also it is mapped to run 0.99 lambda so a smidgen rich than stoich

excuse the rough flange, ordered the correct ones but did not arrive in time for test, the plan is remove and replace with cutdown evo decat pipe which has same flanges and can pop back in for test just 4 bolts and easy access.

Attachments

• IMG_2276.JPG
    IMG_2276.JPG
    329.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2279.JPG
    IMG_2279.JPG
    341.8 KB · Views: 80
Nice job, good to have an alternative!! Cats are getting harder to find and a pain in the ass swapping over!

Back