Fresh Import version 2 sti 555 model

now been informed that the 555 in version 2 only came in blue with roof vent
strange as the engine code thats unique to the 555 is in this, rest of the codes match up aswell
alot of contradicting info on the net

I think you could be right. The 555's came in paint code 53c with a roof vent. You could have a V-limited version 2 which is still a big find.

I thought 3.5 was a good clean grade
What do they go up to

I think the grades actually go up to 5 but I've never seen one up for auction on a website.

Last edited:
I think you could be right. The 555's came in paint code 53c with a roof vent. You could have a V-limited version 2 which is still a big find.

I think the grades actually go up to 5 but I've never seen one up for auction on a website.

4.5 and 5 is for a new car only with nearly no milage
a grade 3.5 for a 96 impreza is as good as it gets
you may find a 4 but be very rare

now been informed that the 555 in version 2 only came in blue with roof vent
strange as the engine code thats unique to the 555 is in this, rest of the codes match up aswell
alot of contradicting info on the net

Stephen, what model code is on the plate?

Stephen, what model code is on the plate?

EJ20GDW5PE is the engine code on chassie number, normal version 2 have EJ20GDW5HE
the only gc8 impreza with that code is a 555 version 2

TY752VB4AA is the other code

model code is GC8C4ED

my option code is bjc but it seams 555 had option code bkc

im confused lol

EJ20GDW5PE is the engine code on chassie number, normal version 2 have EJ20GDW5HE

model code is GC8C4ED

im confused lol

that model code doesnt distinguish between 555 or not it just means it is My95/96 4 door manual STi.
i would reckon it is standard version 2 sti, it has same trans and engine codes as 555 model but then i dont think there is anything special about that engine and trans anyway from standard sti.
either way it looks like a minter

model code is GC8C4ED

im confused lol

As seanie said above seems like first full production STi. Came out at same time as 555 so may have ended up with that engine.
Nice rare car. Best of luck with it.

No 5th injector like the 555 version 2 but with any luck it comes with the cdb the 555 comes standard with

have this beauty back in my hands!
bought it back from my friend at xmass
now vrtd / 3in turbo back exhaust , very little kms done on it

Back