Which power washer?

midlandbe5

Octane Boostaholics
ISDC Club Member
I'm looking at buying a power washer but I'm not sure which one to go for. Aldi have one coming in next week
https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/mon-28-mar/products-detail-page/ps/p/22kw-pressure-washer-2/

Has anyone any expirence with this or should I spend more and get a Karcher or nilfisk but they won't be as powerful.

Karcher http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/...418805|Electric+pressure+washers|14418806.htm

Nilfisk
http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/...418805|Electric+pressure+washers|14418806.htm

Had the k2 and a nilfisk before .

Nilfisk lasted pissing time . Had to bring back to argos and got the k2 . Lasted 3 years of washing my car and gave it to my father . Still on the go .I got the k4 then . Better machine all right but bigger money . Karcher for the win .:thumbsup:

Iv bought a lot of bits from aldi over the years. And have had good and bad experiences.... Petrol hedge Strimmer's melted a piston, mini angle grinder blew up after an hour. But I have other stuff that's going well for years..... The only thing is they are great if there is an issue, refund etc no hassle. Their washer seems to be the best spec for the best money. I'd chance it....

I'd go Nilfisk or key alto as there also called Have there hot and cold wash for 6 years and never a problem with it but hard to know really Dave

Had a Karcher for 10 years and still going strong!

Wouldn't touch anything else.

Buy cheap buy twice...

I'm a karcher man coz I got it free lol
But it never fails could be a bit stronger pressure wise but I'm sure as you go up in spec the pressure will go up 2

Karcher all the way, bought for me by the missus in 2003,.does three cars every week, power hose my house and the parents house every year still going strong, just replaced the hose once��

Google them all. They all have there own problems. I have a nilfisk good for the cars. But I wouldn't be doin any big jobs with it. But buyin in argos no issue on returning.if any pump fails.
Best addition to any of them get a proper hose straight away makes huge difference

New Nilfisks have a metal pump now instead of the plastic. I have mine for near 3 years no issues at all with it other than power isn't great tbh but for the little I do its enough. Think it was €90 from micksgarage.

For domestic use deffo recommend Karcher.

I've a K5.85M from Karcher... Bought it 10 years ago and chose it as won best power-washer award in consumer testing (TUV and KEMA)... used regularly and still going strong. Pressure is very strong and need to turn it down or increase distance if spraying fragile stuff. Another thing is that IF something breaks you can get spares very easily in many places at a reasonable cost. The hose connector on my gun handle broke during a house move... drive to your local hardware and presto done... you won't get that with cheap(er) brands and could end up losing a perfectly working washer over a €30 euro hose. Also can get loads of attachments like snow-lance, patio cleaner head, angled heads etc.

BTW... the smaller Karchers IMO not worth bothering with as the hoses are plastic instead of armored rubber etc and they split, pressure not strong enough and overall too much built to a budget.

Iv sold full ranges of nilfisk and karcher.
Both are very good quality, but I'd always recommend spending decent money on one, it will have good presume and will last. Sub €100 models can be frustrating

Thanks for all the replies lads.
I'm still on the fence, swaying towards the Karcher mainly cos any attachment I have will fit the bigger machines so could buy a basic k4 if the k2 packed up or if I found myself wanting more pressure.
The first one in stel94 post is the one I've my eye on
It's also compatible with a water butt as I've one ordered.
The aldi stuff would be a throw away job if it went wrong.

Reading this back I think I'm telling myself to buy the Karcher.... :hammerhead:

Thanks for all the replies lads.
I'm still on the fence, swaying towards the Karcher mainly cos any attachment I have will fit the bigger machines so could buy a basic k4 if the k2 packed up or if I found myself wanting more pressure.
The first one in stel94 post is the one I've my eye on
It's also compatible with a water butt as I've one ordered.
The aldi stuff would be a throw away job if it went wrong.

Reading this back I think I'm telling myself to buy the Karcher.... :hammerhead:

If going Karcher get the K4. If the K2, get the Workzone from Aldi. Cheaper, more power and an extra years warranty.

I don't know how good Aldi is customer service wise with stuff breaking within warranty but with Lidl we can source individual electronics parts etc. E.g. if a lance broke or hose split, we can get it.

Then again how much is the Nilfisk equivalent to the K4.

But they always give you your money no questions asked
For that reason they won't have it in stock to change

Back