tgv butterflys

nissan1988

Am relatively new to the ins and outs of subarus so bear with me, i got trouble codes on my bugeye wrx indicating problem with righthand tgv operation so i got a replacement unit with motor sensor the lot, also my main turbo pipe seemed a bit shook so i took off inlet manifold last night but was thinking am i better off to remove butterflys off both units left and right before i reinstall and leave rod assembly in situ with my replacement motor and sensor to keep the trouble codes at bay, it seems it would remove a restriction from intake bar the rod that would be left behind, i wouldnt mind the reported rough cold idle, any advice be good , cheers

Ecu will throw light if doesn't read tgv voltage closed at cold starting and open voltage when warm.

Can fit sti deletes and switch off all tgv related codes.

Hi dave thanks for reply , i was just wondering though that seen as trouble codes with tgv are dictated by tthe sensor and motors values as sent to ecu that if i install my rod assembly complete with functioning sensors and motors minus butterflys and divider plates ecu shouldnt detect any problems and management light should stay off will it? With slightly better intake flow with removed restriction?

Not so bad , il go that route for time being, got rocker gaskets and plugs today at work too, do you have main intake hose for sale dave?

Back