mondello this sunday

My little post race Review,big congrats to Ciaran what a drive two wins from two[emoji106]

Where to start!
My first race today in Future Classics on the national track layout at Mondello Park,we pulled up around 8:00am and got all the scrutiny and sign in sorted and all went smooth.Then we set up the BBQ for some timely breakfast thanks to my personal chef Paul Cunningham keeping anyone that wanted food feed all day[emoji106]
Went out for my qualifying session at 10:40 and really got a feel for how quick my competition was and the size of the grid.I was a bit fast on a few laps and broke the barrier time which left be 18th on the starting grid,I thought this was a blessing in disguise as I'd get to learn some race craft early in my first race event.So my race started at 2:20 and from 18th I made a great start and made my way up the centre gaining good ground.Early in the race there was an off at turn 1 and the race was yellow flagged I was so in the zone I didn't see it and ended up passing some cars under yellow flag as it stopped so quick on the main straight,I gave most of the spots back but really had no idea how many and thought anyone I passed had taken the spot back,but got the repercussions later with a 4 car grid penalty for next race and 3 points on my license[emoji20]
I'll have to put that down to lack of experience.When the race restarted I was about 10 cars back but made my way back through the traffic to take 3rd place,I had a good chance to take second on the second last lap but just didn't have the gap between 1st and 2nd to close the door into turn 1, but much respect to Marty and Tim on there defence[emoji106]Today has been a huge learning curve for me and I hope I can continue to be competitive for the rest of the year and hope the little Saxo can keep pulling off good pace and reliability.Thanks to all the lads at Future Classics and all the Mondello Park Staff,this really is a top class race venue and I look forward be being a part of it for as long as I possibly can[emoji106]Roll on Race 2/3 17th of April[emoji592][emoji100]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Last edited:
:clap:Great write up Adrian it's a steep learning curve but your taking it all in your stride :clap:congrads on the results 3rd it's a great start :thumbsup:

Congrads to ciaran aswell. :thumbsup: He must have had the elbows out making room :icon_grin::thumbsup: well done great to see

Well done Adrian - couldn't get down yesterday to see you boys compete but Keith was giving me updates - I asked him to periscope a race for me but that might have confused him a little :roll:

There is nothing on the ITCC website about race in April - shows rounds 1/2 which was yesterday, then rounds 5/6 in Bishopscourt. Where & when is rounds 3/4?

Well done Adrian - couldn't get down yesterday to see you boys compete but Keith was giving me updates - I asked him to periscope a race for me but that might have confused him a little :roll:

There is nothing on the ITCC website about race in April - shows rounds 1/2 which was yesterday, then rounds 5/6 in Bishopscourt. Where & when is rounds 3/4?

rounds 3/4 are gone as there was too many classes on the grid in mondello and they don't really want two day events.

Back