My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Have a Google and see what spring/damping/height people are using on track and as Adrian says try get a set of springs and shocks to suit and save some mullah. Then some camber arms and bobs your uncle!

I'm using them Koni on the front of the Saxo and I find them very good[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

That would give you a very solid setup for around 550 euro using brand name stuff you can rely on[emoji106]

I seen new gas gold on some site for 1000
I think investing in coilovers is the way to go
It's something you will end up doing down the line so I'd bite the bullet and buy once

It's a big spend in one go nearly 1200 euro,how many times on a track day would you have the C spanner out adjusting ride height[emoji848]
I'd never bother with them only at some stage I'll need the room to play with top mounts.But if its predominantly going to be a track car or some Time attack I'd see the coil overs as a bit of a waste,650 euro saving would sort the stoppers big time[emoji106]

Coilovers will let you play with ride height and the shocks that come with the Coilovers may or may not be adjustable.The Koni shocks are adjustable so you can adjust how hard or soft you want the car but with fixed lowering springs your ride height will be fixed 35mm lower or 40mm depending on the spring you pick.I have heard some of the cheap Coilover kits can have cheap weak springs and although you can adjust them the proformance wouldn't be great.

I have them In the fiesta in the wet just turn the knob to a softer setting and in the dry turn it back I didn't know I could do this until it was pointed out to me
Made a huge difference in the handling of the car in the wet
Just make a note of settings as in clicks to the left for wet days and clicks to the right for dry days
I know it's a lot of money but I just think it would be money well spent and a great platform to build from

I see the koni ones have something the same

Cheers for all the input, yer a world of knowledge! ��

Last edited:
Jdm distro are supposed to be very good. If they didn't fit I'd say there'd be no issues with returning them.

Picked up a lovely set of harnesses too this morning that will go with seats

Attachments

• IMAG1301.jpg
    IMAG1301.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Back