My 2003 T-Sport Celica

From the point of view of compounds etc what are you guys using Adrian and Dec? I presume medium would be Ok, or soft?

Last edited:
I'm.going hunting for some track tyres today. From the point of view of compounds etc what are you guys using Adrian and Dec? I presume medium would be Ok, or soft?

Don't go soft I used 2 soft AO48,s on Friday.A good M compound 888 or maybe have a look at them ADO8R tyres they should be good in wet or dry[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

I use soft compound Ao48 yokohama on the rear and hard compound pirelli corsa c tarmac tyres on the front, I would recommend something a little harder medium or hard compound is best for trackdays ????

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Don't go full slicks til you get used to semi. 888's, RE070's, federal rsr, Nankangs above etc are all very similar. You're looking at tenths in the difference of lap times so just keep an eye on prices and go for one.

You should be well able to find used tarmac rally tyres in 17" as it would be fairly common that's what I'd be buying no point in spending a fortune on tyres until you get your lines and driving style perfected as you will just over drive the tyres and destroy them.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7615894

Nice little 205 gti track car just come up on dd for handy money loads of nice bits on it for 2900

Build the Celica the reward of driving your own creation will be much better in the long run[emoji106][emoji106]

Deffo building it yourself is the way to go I wish I had the time and space you guys are blessed with nice big garages

Cheers lads, Defo sticking with the celica!

I picked up a nice set of 15inch Toyota alloys today. And have found a guy in Clare with a stack of 15 inch 2nd hand rally tyres. Calling to him before the weekend to pick out four. So that's that sorted.

Coilovers are my big issue at the minute! BC ones coming in at €900! Can get TK Technic ones on eBay from Germany for €450 but I'm sceptical about them! And getting them second had seems to be impossible! Don't know what to do.... [emoji51]

Might be worth looking at a good quality set of shocks and good lowering springs,this could save you around 50%

Nice be great addition have track tyres on it, I'd chance the 450 ones it's going to improve it no end and unless you are going racing why spend big money, you could use it somewhere else

Back