My 2003 T-Sport Celica

First big buy are tyres I suppose. Looking at the 17 inch toyo888 they are coming in at over €800 new! Think im going to try and change wheels down to a 16inch or even a 15inch, maybe even a standard steel wheel. What ye think???? Then try source a second hand set of tyres maybe.

Adrian mentioned too about changing the glass to poly. I wont be able to as the celica has no frame around the glass.... Same as the scoobys.... Which is a pity!

The car is in the garage as of this morning to have the oil cooler finished so i'll get stripping out the rest of the interior once I get it back.

Last edited:
I'd say if you could get a set of 15" wheels you would have a better option of 2nd tyres out there.I use C5 steelies because there very light only around 4.5 kg and cheap to buy,standard steel rims would be as heavy as an alloy I'd say so I'd look for a set of light weight Toyota alloys.You could do the polycarbonate on your side and boot window it would still be a nice weight saving.

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

15 is where I'd be looking
Bigger tyres Handel more heat and the footprint gets bigger so more grip.

Jesus Adrian I know I was going slow and ye were fecking flying but you must have passed at some speed cos I cant even find myself in that one! lol

That black Honda civic 4 door with the 1.4 on the boot deffo had a K20 in it thing was a rocket ultimate sleeper

Back