My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Cheers for the replies lads! All food for thought. After I posted the short story this morning I went outside, lovely day actually, and spent the morning looking at the car, thinking, looking at it again. Eventually I opened it up and started looking to see how I would go about stripping it out.... All part of the decision making process.... Looked at the passenger seat, could see four bolts, said, ah ya, that looks ok.... well they say a picture paints a thousand words....

I'd leave the passenger seat in if I was you
Handy to bring mates out
Keep the bits in the shed you can always go back

And so it begins!!!!

Carpet
Sound padding at bulk
Plastic mouldings
Rear seat belts
Door cards
CD player
Speakers
Roof cloth
Unwanted wiring
Front and rear bumper bars
Cut all unwanted steel from doors
Cut away all unwanted steel from boot
Remove rear wiper and motor+wiring
Fit Spring clips on boot
Polycarbonate Windows

Just a small list Martin and at the most will cost you around 150 euro for grinder discs and a sheet of polycarbonate[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Carpet
Sound padding at bulk
Plastic mouldings
Rear seat belts
Door cards
CD player
Speakers
Roof cloth
Unwanted wiring
Front and rear bumper bars
Cut all unwanted steel from doors
Cut away all unwanted steel from boot
Remove rear wiper and motor+wiring
Fit Spring clips on boot
Polycarbonate Windows

Just a small list Martin and at the most will cost you around 150 euro for grinder discs and a sheet of polycarbonate[emoji106]

Cheers lad,handy list. Will get stuck into that over the next few weeks now!

We will be running a trackday training in may Martin well worth a go

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Oh right, Jesus for definite I'll go to that. Mondello don't do them anymore for the general public.... So that would be invaluable to me. Any dates etc....

Cheers lad,handy list. Will get stuck into that over the next few weeks now!

All this stuff makes a huge difference,an extra man in the car is 3-4 seconds off a lap time so it really makes a difference,the car will stop faster and accelerate faster and as a result it will be much more fun to drive[emoji106]

I wouldn't do the door steel until you have a cage in, just incase but everything else can go

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Martin I knew once I seen the thread go up about and then the chat Friday you'd be hooked .
Fair play all the advice here is great , brakes , tyres and seats alone will make some difference

Very rare for this ever to happen,he was coming in a bit hot and caught the grass which made him the passenger.One year on Friday we were chatting and having a great laugh I even brought him around for a few laps,just to show him how to take that corner[emoji23][emoji23]

Back