My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Very nice gauges martin,

ali burrows recommended me to use 10w 60 fully synthetic in d scooby after d engine rebuild as she will be on track days a few times a year so im using mobil 10 w 60 fully synthetic, dont know what toyotas like

Last edited:
Ya, I actually bought this one before I asked the question. Not sure if to run it or not.....

Attachments

• 1455989548326-1906589810.jpg
    1455989548326-1906589810.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 82
Considering the engine isn't built, ideally you don't want to be staying out more than 10 mins or so at a time. Sump plate and oil cooler will only do so much. You want an oil like motul or millers in manufacture weight specs that'll hold their pressure at higher track temps.

I tried a few oils in my DC5 and nothing was smoother or drained cleaner after the day than millers cfs or motul. Closest second was Mobil new life but there was a bit of usage on track whereas the motul and millers didn't.

I have often been out in the Saxo and Dec in his KA for 40min + flat out with castrol oil and Dec uses Fords oil not sure what grade,but never had a issue.
The secret is change tho oil after every track day and your filter.
10 min session you would be just getting heat in the tyres[emoji1]Just don't go too light with the oil Toyota,s like to use a drop[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Ya, I actually bought this one before I asked the question. Not sure if to run it or not.....

Yeah thats what im using but as I said I dont know about toyota, s, , I can, t see a problem personally as its a good oil just change after track day

Yeah thats what im using but as I said I dont know about toyota, s, , I can, t see a problem personally as its a good oil just change after track day

I agree should be great oil just check levels regular on the day[emoji106]

Ya I think i'll go with it. As said it is a good oil and will only be used for the day with a genuine toyota filter and changed again....

Thanks for all the replies too lads. Much appreciated, I'm relatively new to all this and not very mechanically gifted so im flying blind in a lot of areas!! Yer knowledge is priceless!

Rogue Motorsport in the UK use 5w40 in their track mr2's.

Have you looked in to changing the oil pump gears?

I haven't yet, Elise parts in the UK do an upgraded oil pump for them. Will look into that alright, they have been known on occasion to shatter an oil pump!

Last edited:
I can see how this thread is going to go over the next year or two

feb; bazs trackday, "I didn't think the brakes would be this bad after 5 laps, doing 2:16s, need to sort brakes and get some weigh out for the next trackday in may(already booked on the way home from baz's day), savage!!!"

may: trackday, brakes are fooking savage and the weight made a great difference, tyres stated to go off in the afternoon,( orders r888 on the way home but don't tell the wife) really need more weight out, doing 2:12 now.

july: isdc track day, jesus the grip from these r888 are great but really need to sort out the body roll and get my lines right, (on the way home he orders coilovers ands books in a traning day in mondello.

july training day: jesus I didn't know I could take bike word in 3rd gear and who new turn 4 had only one apex???
they were saying at the training day something about timeattack? dec tags martin in trackcarsireland on facebook? whats that?

sept trackday: savage! really enjoying this trackday lark down to doing 2:08 but really need more power, what to do, SUPERCHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

winter: the project begins< race licence, suit, helmet, "my misses bought me these racing gloves for xmas" rollcage more tyres,
anybody here racing in mondello< Adrian pops up!!!! talk of building trailers or buying second hand and off how everybody so nice in the paddock until you start winning.

you have to love a love affair with cars and trackdays

Most trackdays my ka does 150-200 track miles in the day it's completely standard puma engine using 5w30 castrol magnitec. Only thing is after every trackday I change the oil and filter and during the day just check levels regularly

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

feb; bazs trackday, "I didn't think the brakes would be this bad after 5 laps, doing 2:16s, need to sort brakes and get some weigh out for the next trackday in may(already booked on the way home from baz's day), savage!!!"

may: trackday, brakes are fooking savage and the weight made a great difference, tyres stated to go off in the afternoon,( orders r888 on the way home but don't tell the wife) really need more weight out, doing 2:12 now.

july: isdc track day, jesus the grip from these r888 are great but really need to sort out the body roll and get my lines right, (on the way home he orders coilovers ands books in a traning day in mondello.

july training day: jesus I didn't know I could take bike word in 3rd gear and who new turn 4 had only one apex???
they were saying at the training day something about timeattack? dec tags martin in trackcarsireland on facebook? whats that?

sept trackday: savage! really enjoying this trackday lark down to doing 2:08 but really need more power, what to do, SUPERCHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

winter: the project begins< race licence, suit, helmet, "my misses bought me these racing gloves for xmas" rollcage more tyres,
anybody here racing in mondello< Adrian pops up!!!! talk of building trailers or buying second hand and off how everybody so nice in the paddock until you start winning.

Ha ha!

Last edited:

Ha ha [emoji23][emoji23]so true never expect to be happy with the car and it will never be your fault if you don't win[emoji106][emoji23]

Best thing to do I'd say they will recommend cfs 10w40 nt, let us know what they say ????

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Back