Irish Subaru Drivers Club Forum - Powered by vBulletin

#

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 821 Posts
    Rides
    Very nice gauges martin,

ali burrows recommended me to use 10w 60 fully synthetic in d scooby after d engine rebuild as she will be on track days a few times a year so im using mobil 10 w 60 fully synthetic, dont know what toyotas like
    Last edited by Pedro555; 20-02-2016 at 17:23.
    Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R -Version 4 V Limited

Full ISDC Club Member MARTINGTI's Avatar
    Thanks
    Rides
    Ya, I actually bought this one before I asked the question. Not sure if to run it or not.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Point it and shoe it!

Member Number 3801
    Thanks
    Rides
    Considering the engine isn't built, ideally you don't want to be staying out more than 10 mins or so at a time. Sump plate and oil cooler will only do so much. You want an oil like motul or millers in manufacture weight specs that'll hold their pressure at higher track temps.

I tried a few oils in my DC5 and nothing was smoother or drained cleaner after the day than millers cfs or motul. Closest second was Mobil new life but there was a bit of usage on track whereas the motul and millers didn't.

Octane Boostaholics
    Thanks
    Rides
    I have often been out in the Saxo and Dec in his KA for 40min + flat out with castrol oil and Dec uses Fords oil not sure what grade,but never had a issue.
    The secret is change tho oil after every track day and your filter.
    10 min session you would be just getting heat in the tyresJust don't go too light with the oil Toyota,s like to use a drop

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 821 Posts
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinWRX View Post
    Ya, I actually bought this one before I asked the question. Not sure if to run it or not.....
    Yeah thats what im using but as I said I dont know about toyota, s, , I can, t see a problem personally as its a good oil just change after track day
    Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R -Version 4 V Limited

Octane Boostaholics
    Thanks
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro555 View Post
    Yeah thats what im using but as I said I dont know about toyota, s, , I can, t see a problem personally as its a good oil just change after track day
    I agree should be great oil just check levels regular on the day

Thanks
    Rides
    Ya I think i'll go with it. As said it is a good oil and will only be used for the day with a genuine toyota filter and changed again....

Thanks for all the replies too lads. Much appreciated, I'm relatively new to all this and not very mechanically gifted so im flying blind in a lot of areas!! Yer knowledge is priceless!
    Point it and shoe it!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MARTINGTI For This Useful Post:

Adrian Dunne (20-02-2016), Pedro555 (20-02-2016)

Member Number 3801
    Thanks
    Rides
    Rogue Motorsport in the UK use 5w40 in their track mr2's.

Have you looked in to changing the oil pump gears?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnRA For This Useful Post:

Pedro555 (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Rides
    I haven't yet, Elise parts in the UK do an upgraded oil pump for them. Will look into that alright, they have been known on occasion to shatter an oil pump!
    Last edited by MARTINGTI; 19-05-2016 at 14:01.
    Point it and shoe it!

Member Number 25
    Full ISDC Members 2015
    Thanks
    Rides
    I can see how this thread is going to go over the next year or two

feb; bazs trackday, "I didn't think the brakes would be this bad after 5 laps, doing 2:16s, need to sort brakes and get some weigh out for the next trackday in may(already booked on the way home from baz's day), savage!!!"

may: trackday, brakes are fooking savage and the weight made a great difference, tyres stated to go off in the afternoon,( orders r888 on the way home but don't tell the wife) really need more weight out, doing 2:12 now.

july: isdc track day, jesus the grip from these r888 are great but really need to sort out the body roll and get my lines right, (on the way home he orders coilovers ands books in a traning day in mondello.

july training day: jesus I didn't know I could take bike word in 3rd gear and who new turn 4 had only one apex???
    they were saying at the training day something about timeattack? dec tags martin in trackcarsireland on facebook? whats that?

sept trackday: savage! really enjoying this trackday lark down to doing 2:08 but really need more power, what to do, SUPERCHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

winter: the project begins< race licence, suit, helmet, "my misses bought me these racing gloves for xmas" rollcage more tyres,
    anybody here racing in mondello< Adrian pops up!!!! talk of building trailers or buying second hand and off how everybody so nice in the paddock until you start winning.

you have to love a love affair with cars and trackdays
    as Marcus Gronholm once said "up the arse of timo"...

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DUFFMAN For This Useful Post:

Adrian Dunne (21-02-2016), blacktar (21-02-2016), Ciaran WRX (21-02-2016), JohnRA (21-02-2016), Markokavo (21-02-2016), Pedro555 (21-02-2016), SCOOBYCOLM (21-02-2016), wagon dec (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,551 Times in 801 Posts
    Rides
    Most trackdays my ka does 150-200 track miles in the day it's completely standard puma engine using 5w30 castrol magnitec. Only thing is after every trackday I change the oil and filter and during the day just check levels regularly

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    IF YOU ENJOY A LAP OF THE NURBURGRING YOUR NOT DRIVING FAST ENOUGH!!!!!!! (sir Jackie stewart)

Thanks
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DUFFMAN View Post

feb; bazs trackday, "I didn't think the brakes would be this bad after 5 laps, doing 2:16s, need to sort brakes and get some weigh out for the next trackday in may(already booked on the way home from baz's day), savage!!!"

may: trackday, brakes are fooking savage and the weight made a great difference, tyres stated to go off in the afternoon,( orders r888 on the way home but don't tell the wife) really need more weight out, doing 2:12 now.

july: isdc track day, jesus the grip from these r888 are great but really need to sort out the body roll and get my lines right, (on the way home he orders coilovers ands books in a traning day in mondello.

july training day: jesus I didn't know I could take bike word in 3rd gear and who new turn 4 had only one apex???
    they were saying at the training day something about timeattack? dec tags martin in trackcarsireland on facebook? whats that?

sept trackday: savage! really enjoying this trackday lark down to doing 2:08 but really need more power, what to do, SUPERCHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

winter: the project begins< race licence, suit, helmet, "my misses bought me these racing gloves for xmas" rollcage more tyres,
    anybody here racing in mondello< Adrian pops up!!!! talk of building trailers or buying second hand and off how everybody so nice in the paddock until you start winning.

Ha ha!
    Last edited by MARTINGTI; 19-05-2016 at 14:02.
    Point it and shoe it!

Octane Boostaholics
    Thanks
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DUFFMAN View Post

Ha ha so true never expect to be happy with the car and it will never be your fault if you don't win

Octane Boostaholics
    Thanks
    Rides
    Some inspiration for ya

Member Number 161
    Full ISDC Members 2015
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 2,032 Posts
    Rides
    That is a savage track
    On my bucket list
    IT TOOK ME FOOKING 3 YEARS TO WORK OUT HOW TO PUT THIS SMALL BIT OF TEXT HERE!!!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to keith dublin For This Useful Post:

Adrian Dunne (21-02-2016)

Octane Boostaholics
    Thanks
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by keith dublin View Post
    That is a savage track
    On my bucket list
    Club trip

Thanks
    Rides
    I emailed millers, told them what I wanted the oil for and what car I had. So whatever they suggest I'll go with. Next day delivery too so very handy!

http://millersoilsireland.ie/
    Point it and shoe it!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINGTI For This Useful Post:

Pedro555 (21-02-2016)

Member Number 3801
    Thanks
    Rides
    Ask for the motorsport discount.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,551 Times in 801 Posts
    Rides
    Best thing to do I'd say they will recommend cfs 10w40 nt, let us know what they say 👍

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    IF YOU ENJOY A LAP OF THE NURBURGRING YOUR NOT DRIVING FAST ENOUGH!!!!!!! (sir Jackie stewart)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to wagon dec For This Useful Post:

Adrian Dunne (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Rides
    Will do, I'll post the reply as doon as I get it 👍
    Point it and shoe it!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MARTINGTI For This Useful Post:

Adrian Dunne (21-02-2016), wagon dec (21-02-2016)