My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Its out of a Levin. But they have a C series Toyota box and the diff should fit any C series box. But the shafts are obviously different!

Have a lad opening my box later to be sure the diff will actualy fit it. If it does then maybe i could get half shafts off a Levin?

That's what I was thinking[emoji848]Maybe it's a jap model diff and the shaft inner splines are different,but you may also have to change hubs to suit?

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

So that didn't work out! Was going to be way too much Hassel changing drives, then hubs too etc etc.... So back went the diff!

BUT!! Ah ha...... Look what i found!! An original Toyota box which came standard with the LSD! Picked it up in portlaoise this morning. There is a crunch from 5th down to 4th but that will never matter to me. Never get above 4th. So it came at right good money!

Now to get it in!

Considering a competition clutch at this stage as the box is out anyway. Any opinions? Am i loosing much power with the standard clutch??

Attachments

• IMAG2261.jpg
    IMAG2261.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 64
  • IMAG2262.jpg
    IMAG2262.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
It sounds like synchro rings are gone in the box,it wouldn't be a big job to fix while its out.
I fitted a 6 paddle helix with an AP racing pressure plate.Its expensive but a mighty job[emoji106]

Last edited:
Ya ill get it opened and check bearings etc too before i put it in.

Looking at around €400 for a stage 2 exeedy paddle clutch. Don't think id go your route Adrian. If i was competing then ya, but just for a track car.... What ye think?

Ya ill get it opened and check bearings etc too before i put it in.

Looking at around €400 for a stage 2 exeedy paddle clutch. Don't think id go your route Adrian. If i was competing then ya, but just for a track car.... What ye think?

For track days I'm sure a good OEM clutch should be grand.aggressive down shifts seem to do the harm with breaking clutches.Still I think you should look at some upgrade as with the new LSD you will be putting more stress through the box and clutch rather than wheel spin.I think it would be money well spent,I learnt the hard way[emoji27]

Cheers! Dropped off the box this morning to be opened and inspected. Anything it needs it will be getting. Im going to go with the exeedy stage 2 paddle clutch. Was onto Murray Motorsport and ears.ie and both reckon that would be the best choice. ????

Few bits done the last while.

LSD is in and working a treat. Bit more stripping done. Air con and ancillaries removed. Also the interior of tge headlights. Few interior bits. De glazed the pads etc too....

Attachments

• IMAG2449.jpg
    IMAG2449.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMAG2448.jpg
    IMAG2448.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 39

Attachments

• image-0-02-04-9b56bc7a156aebc4edae46300bb378367708bfcf745d3783658ad7526963961d-V.jpg
    image-0-02-04-9b56bc7a156aebc4edae46300bb378367708bfcf745d3783658ad7526963961d-V.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 40
Great help on hand today loading up for auto hero's tomoro!

Attachments

• IMAG2459.jpg
    IMAG2459.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 31
Fair play Martin for all your work on this.

Looks a great car flying around mondello. How was it with the new parts fitted

So headed off to auto heros on monday. Landed there before half 8, fine and early. So early in fact that I missed the sign inside the gate telling me to turn right for grip practice. So anyways I turned left as normal and headed into the paddock. Unloaded the car, had a stroll around. Thinking to myself, jaysus tis all drift cars here. I'll have the grip track to myself!!! Up I went to sign on at 9.15. track opening at 9.30 and she tells me im in the wrong place!!! well the panic! all the drift cars were at this stage lining up in the pit lane, and I needed to get across the track. Thank god I had a mate with me who drove the van and I hopped into the Celica. barely got across before the opened they track!

Landed over then in the right car park and went to sign on there. I have to say I was shocking disappointed with this bit. Track opened at 9.30 which was when I joined the queue to sign on. 45 minutes later I eventually got signed on. Only one girl there and she was flat out. But loosing 45 minutes of track time was a joke. I know it was my own fault for being late but still, 45 minutes is way too long.

Headed straight out on track and as Keith had said it was so busy. lines of 10 plus cars and no one going anywhere quick! Eventually it lightened off and I got a few good runs. I'll post the video below.

The car again was fantastic. The LSD made a huge difference. HUGE!!!! Couldn't actually believe how it transformed the car. It nearly felt like a 4wd. I did destroy a set of tyres though! The extra weight shed too im sure made a difference too.

Anyway cant wait for the trackdays.ie day now on the 18th November on the full international track.

Would I do an auto hero's day again.... Not sure really. Maybe if I was bursting for a bit of track time and it was my only option for a while then I suppose. But for sure its more focused towards the drifting. Felt like we were kinda forgotten about!

Back