My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Limited slip diff???

So, i have a friend of mine trying to convince me to get a limited slip diff for the celica. That it would make a massive difference to the car on track....

Iv had a look online and there coming in around €1,000!!! So im thinking the difference would want to be fair big!!

Anyway what do ye think? Good idea or bad? And, worth it or not??

Must be wrong but I thought the T Sport Celica had a proper diff

Read it in a car mag a few years ago

Only reason I remember is they were saying how good a job it does in the twistys under power..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Must be wrong but I thought the T Sport Celica had a proper diff

Read it in a car mag a few years ago

Only reason I remember is they were saying how good a job it does in the coners on the power..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

From what i can tell the GTS model had one and they were optional extra from factory for other models.... I think!!

Ya John, think your right! Im finding out now that a good few of the jap imports had LSD too. Best thing i think now would be get a jap box with the LSD and straight swap...

Diffs make a huge difference
Couldn't believe the difference between the wr1 and the spec c.

Ya im on the hunt for an LSD box now. Its a minefield of gearbox codes etc. No one can tell me for sure what box's for definite have LSD. Lots of the japs had but no one can tell me which ones!!! Was onto lots of places today but no one is sure that they have an LSD one!

Search google with your engine code and put lsd after best way I'd say or Celica forum
mate had a earlier Celica and it had a non 4wd rav gearbox
same engine in plenty id say

Oh iv done so many search's at this stage! The fact its jap cars that had them makes it harder.... So many variations and so many conflicting stories. And then they were an optional extra too which means some cars the exact same had them and some didn't!

Must be some code for diff on models with it
Twin cam ae86 maybe fit I wonder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the easiest way to find out is if you look at the vin plate riveted to the bulk head it will say T/m after that there's a code this will indicate whether it has or not. If it ends with 01a it's non lsd or 01B is has an lsd.

No specific model seems to definitely come with lsd either. Not even all trd sports m have them fitted, just an optional extra.

Thats what I was told. I was on the look out for one a while ago to get rebuilt so I wouldn't be without the car.. only sold my spare a few weeks ago. TC cars in offaly might be worth a try, they always have gen 7s breaking.

Last edited:
Your spot on ya. After hours or research i discovered that ending in A is non LSD. Ending in B is LSD. But also.... There a C series box. There is the C60, C61,c62 and so on.... Mine is C64 01A. I don't know if for example a C60 will fit in mine. But at this stage i don't care. If not ill take the LSD out and fit it into my box.

Ill take any box now ending in B!!! Spoke to 10 breakers today. All boxes ending in A.... They seem quite rare!

Sound man! I actually think i messaged him on donedeal already and no joy but ill try him again. Cheers! ????

Don't ae101 levin/trueno's use C series gearboxes? Is there anyway of using an LSD from one of these? Probably more readily available? Not sure if they are compatible or not? But I thought I heard of lads using the levin LSD in glanzas/starlets

Try TCB breakers in England, I used them for the GT Four Celica a lot, friendly guys who know their stuff. Now with the Sterling being weak would be as good a time to buy as any.

Chances are a jap superstrut module would be the most likely to have one fitted. Pop out the drive shift when ya look in the whole it'll have a thick bar going through it if it has lsd if non lsd the bar is smaller only about 12mm in diameter.

Levin trueno wouldn't be compatible from what I've read before.

Traynors breakers up north might be worth a try with the pound getting weak!

Last edited:
Back