My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Don't let him near the lawn, if he is anything like you he will make sh1t of it????

Brakes!

Hi all,

Im thinking of upgrading the brakes on my 2003 tsport Celica track car. At the minute im using ebc yellowstuff pads on drilled and grooved discs. What i was thinking of was changing the discs and calipers to the T25 avensis ones. '03 to '08 model. The 2.0ltr ones have 295mm discs front and 280mm discs on the rear. While the celica has only 275mm front and 255mm rear....

I can get the calipers from a breakers and a set of new discs from mtec brakes handy enough. BUT, ebc dont do yellowstuff pads for the avensis.... And im finding it hard to get any track pad to fit the avensis calipers....

So, two questions really.... Is it worth doing for the bigger discs?? And, is there any other option out there, like supra brakes etc.... I dont mind spending a few quid on them but not going spending 1,000's on a big brake kit etc....

Any info or ideas very welcome....

Cheers guys....

Breaks In my opinion are one of the best mods to help you go faster for longer[emoji6]
So well worth spending money,I have 306 Gti-6 breaks on mine with Carbone Lollaine DC 5+ pads and it's the best investment I ever made[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Breaks In my opinion are one of the best mods to help you go faster for longer[emoji6]
So well worth spending money,I have 306 Gti-6 breaks on mine with Carbone Lollaine DC 5+ pads and it's the best investment I ever made[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

I agree. Just want to make sure i make the right decision first time and don't waste time and money for a minimal improvement....

Anyone know wilwood?

http://www.freakyparts.co.uk/epages...s120337_es124285571161/Products/Celica_Wil_03

Do EBC do Bluestuff for the Avensis? For a track car go as aggressive as you like. Braided lines and some fluid like Motul RBF600 or Millers 400. Try get a brake stopper aswell.

What about adapting subaru brembo's to fit. Should be good enough for the track and a massive selection of pads. I looked into this when I had my starlet gt. Few of the uk lads are doing them

Had a few Camry over the years and they had fantastic brakes
best of any car I owned nearly
pnever any mother and drive the stones out of them
I'd go that route
think first on Lexus and then Camry
should be plenty about
2.2 version I had
might be a difference in the 3.0 even again
and pads etc. Should be easy got as it was the biggest selling car over in team America

Would you consider celica gt4 brakes (ST205)? 315mm standard and fit under 16" wheels (if you've got a good offset as calipers are massive.) 4 pot calipers with plenty of stopping power and loads of options for discs and pads.

Great car for the track. Handle very well with very little modification!
Did track day training a while back, isdc happened to be there too, had great fun in celica and friend in a vitz.
It might be worth doing the lift bolts if you get a chance, cheap from toyota. 10minute job but painful to do if they break!

I have gt4 brakes on mine, nice little upgrade.

Last edited:
Great car for the track. Handle very well with very little modification!
Did track day training a while back, isdc happened to be there too, had great fun in celica and friend in a vitz.
It might be worth doing the lift bolts if you get a chance, cheap from toyota. 10minute job but painful to do if they break!

I have gt4 brakes on mine, nice little upgrade.

I was away on holidays the last while. Only now im seeing this. How big a job was the gt4 brake upgrade? What did you need exactly? Calliper, carriers, discs???

I have ds3000 ferodo pads sourced for my own callipers so tempted to stick with that and see how it goes....

Back