My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Yea[emoji1]great to see another track car in the Subaru club[emoji106]
Love the car man can't believe there is not more of these at track days and race events.
Should make a great track/race car.
My sister had one of these for 6 years and never skipped a beat.
Very best of luck with it what ever road you take with it.
I'll be keeping an eye on your progress[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Nice one best of luck with it. There comin handy money now. Be nice to drive to track change wheels and away ya go. Save on having to trailer. Still prob get same money again after a year of track fun.

Sump baffle....

Had the car in with my mechanic for an overhaul today. He was very happy with it, two bolts need replacing on the heat shield over the exhaust manifold cos its rattling. And replace the lift bolts as they are known to give trouble and thats it!

He did say he would highly advise me to get a sump baffle if I was going to be tracking it. So had a quick look around and cant seem to find any. this is the only one I found, but it cost half what I paid for the car! lol.... http://www.ebay.ie/itm/321837318755?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

So I was wondering if anyone here knew of anywhere making them, or adapting existing sumps to cope with the g forces of track use and oil pickup issues that arise from same. It would be such a shame to cause engine damage for the want of one.... I'm sure lads are making baffles or have some solution to it???

Any and all opinions welcome....

what a catch! she looks super good, cant wait seeing it on track! I am playing with the idea of getting a trackcar only myself for a while now too, but I dont have where to store it:(

Got my sump back yesterday. had a plate welded into it to stop any oil pick up issues on track. Hope it works ok now!!!

Picked up two pirelli P zero tyres for the rear also. So I have two bridgestones on the front and the two pirellis on the back. Should be interesting!

And of course, two competition door numbers, sure why not! 8 is my lucky number!!!

Attachments

• IMAG1240.jpg
    IMAG1240.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG1242.jpg
    IMAG1242.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAG1241.jpg
    IMAG1241.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 77
Track day oil choice?

What oil would be a good choice for track day use? I saw today Mobil have a fully synthetic 10w 60 Motorsport formula oil.... Would that be a good or bad choice?

Got my Mocal oil cooler and adaptor yesterday. Ready to be fitted!

Attachments

• IMAG1248.jpg
    IMAG1248.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 53
What oil would be a good choice for track day use? I saw today Mobil have a fully synthetic 10w 60 Motorsport formula oil.... Would that be a good or bad choice?

Some great work Martin those gauges look great.Im still playing around with oils myself I seem to have settled on Castrol magnatec 10/40 semi synthetic.Seems to work well on my Saxo.Love the job done on the sump should be well safe now[emoji106]

Im still playing around with oils myself I seem to have settled on Castrol magnatec 10/40 semi synthetic.Seems to work well on my Saxo.Love the job done on the sump should be well safe now[emoji106]

I might try the 10w40 so, see how it goes for day 1 anyway. I was nervous enough about the sump, always dodgy messing around with oil flow! Then someone said to me the plate would prevent the oil getting back down to the pick up pipe!!!! agghh

Last edited:
Ah I don't think so man you won't be driving the wall of death[emoji23]Are you doing the track day on the 26th?

Ah I don't think so man you won't be driving the wall of death[emoji23]Are you doing the track day on the 26th?

Ya thats what I was thinking, fookin lads wear you at times trying to find something wrong!!!

Ya i'll be there on Friday alright. Wont be going mad though! Just seeing how the car is running after a few laps, keeping an eye on temps etc. Iv only done about 200 miles in the car in total so still only getting to know it.

There's always someone to knock what you are doing,all looks good to me just enjoy it man[emoji1]Should be a great car on track id focus on some suspension and brake mods this will make the biggest difference around Mondello.You should have plenty of power and if you want more power make it lighter it's cheap to do that[emoji106]

Back