My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Small bits of progress.

Seats and belts fitted. Seats sliding too

Attachments

• image-074bc7cd96479d4b2dbf9a43c6f324bf6ddd382513909a4f5fa4d6c514d65e15-V.jpg
    image-074bc7cd96479d4b2dbf9a43c6f324bf6ddd382513909a4f5fa4d6c514d65e15-V.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Fair play Martin great mods make sure you get a good set up on the coilovers to get the most from them ????

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

de-catting

i was onto my mechanic looking to get the cat taken out of the celica. literally cut it out, weld a pipe in its place. he's saying that if I do that it will bring on the engine management light as the car will know its missing. then that will reduce power as with the light on the car wont give me full power, defeating the purpose of removing it. what he reckons is i would need to remove the cat and then get the car mapped..... i dont even mind buying a decatted exhaust if needs be but i never knew it would have to be mapped if i did that. so, anyone have an views or experience of similar. basically i want the cat gone for more power.... but dont want any lights on in the dash etc....

As far as I know if you just re connect the sensors it should be fine.Best job would be a full replacement pipe with the sensor ports fitted.
That's what I have on the Saxo and no problems or need for map.
My engine light is on but that could be for any reason[emoji27]
But it still has as much power as I'd expect it to have.

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Not sure about the Celica but od imagine it would be the same as the t sport corolla when the engine management light comes on it will also turn off the traction control and vsc it won't affect high lift though

Ya im sure they are the same. I'd prefer to have it done right. I don't want any lights on the dash flying around. I just don't know how best to do it without the hassle of a map etc.

Is it worth doing full stop? Reading about it lads say very little gains from de catting a normally aspirated engine....

If you fit the correct exhaust system including a 4 branch manifold and a good induction setup you should see some worth while gains Martin.All these little BHP gains multiply as you reduce the cars weight,so my opinion would be to do all you can to get more bhp[emoji1][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

a decat and 4 branch with a larger bore exhaust got me 6 bhp on the ka and now revs much more freely .I think go for it and just fit a simulator in the second 02 sensor port that will sort out the light for ya man

Back