My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Ya, maybe im being too cautious. Mate said the springs were gone very loose in it. Anyway, peace of mind having it done!

Mike sure the fingers on your pressure plate are good and strong and correctly releasing the clutch[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair play Martin better to be sure it's right for you than chancing it and something breaking

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

All back together and seems to be driving fine. First few laps will tell if I tightened everything! Will definitely be taking it fine and easy for the first half of the day. Give it every chance to bed in!

Well its been way too long since the poor celica has seen daylight! My last day out was the Isdc day. So im gearing up for the track day on the 2nd March. Poor girl looks neglected!

Attachments

• IMAG3731.jpg
    IMAG3731.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 73
Started a few bits today. Took off the brake discs. They needed a bit of TLC so took them to an engineering company. The surface of them was rough and had lots of pad residue on them. They put them on a lathe and skimmed a bit off them. Came up really well. Only 40 euro. They are really good quality discs and id be looking at 200sterling to replace them. Before and after pics below

Attachments

• IMAG3735.jpg
    IMAG3735.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 54
  • IMAG3742.jpg
    IMAG3742.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 46
Started a few bits today. Took off the brake discs. They needed a bit of TLC so took them to an engineering company. The surface of them was rough and had lots of pad residue on them. They put them on a lathe and skimmed a bit off them. Came up really well. Only 40 euro. They are really good quality discs and id be looking at 200sterling to replace them. Before and after pics below

Nice looking job Martin, what pads were you using? I had the same problem after using Carbon loraine RC5 but when I changed to RC6 they left the discs shining after the year. The softer pads really do muck up the discs.

I was using ferodo ds3000. Would you believe they are the only kinda race spec pad i can get for it. Carbon Lorraine don't do a pad for the celica. So im stuck with the ds3000. Great pad in fairness, but ya, they do muck up the discs

Ya I have heard a few using them and with good reviews. CL are big money but I have never seen a pad to preform and last like them. I suppose there could be a caliper disc upgrade for the Celica that might give you an option for CL pads. But in fairness if your happy with the DS3000 then that’s good enough.

Just took a plug out of the celica to see how there looking. They went in new 2 yers ago. And they are denso irridium. They only have about 1,000 mikes done but they were track miles! How do ye think they look?

Attachments

• IMAG3768.jpg
    IMAG3768.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
They look a bit fouled up or dirty , you using booster , give them a clean and should be good to go again

Yes to both. Cat gone and probably too much booster! Thought it looked like it was running lean alright. I normally do a bottle to the tank

Back