ICE Systems in JDM imports

Mark Cahill

Full ISDC Members 2015Member Number 555
Is it at all possible to change the languages on the systems in imported cars? A relative bought a Honda Stepwagon at the weekend and I went to collect it for her today. I noticed it has Sat Nav, DVD, TV which also seems to be able to pick up DAB radio, all built in to the double din screen in the dash. I've heard before that you can get software to change the language, but is that only possible if the car was sold to an English speaking market? I could be wrong but I don't think the Stepwagon was sold outside Asia. In the glove box there is a PC Card slot, is there anything that could be done using that? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark :thumbsup:

They have no English support at all. Unfortunately it's for the bin and you'll have to buy an after market double din from this side of the world

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

There's no problem replacing if that's what is needed. If an aftermarket unit is installed, will the buttons on the dash and steering wheel (volume, scan, mode etc) be lost or is there a way to still have these work? There is a reversing camera fitted which pops up on screen when reverse is selected, would this work the same when plugged into an AUX port in any unit fitted?

Am I right in saying a band expander will be sufficient to at least get the radio stations working correctly until any other unit is fitted?

Mark :thumbsup:

No you can buy a can bus adapter on eBay so all of your buttons will work. Just make sure it's the right one for your head unit

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Give Brendan in mds a call he knows everything about that sort of stuff and is very helpful.

Cheers Scrawnban and Colm, something to look into over the weekend. :thumbsup:

Keith, I had a pretty poor experience with MDS in the past so I'll not be using them again. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll look into similar if needs be. :thumbsup:

Cheers Scrawnban and Colm, something to look into over the weekend. :thumbsup:

Keith, I had a pretty poor experience with MDS in the past so I'll not be using them again. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll look into similar if needs be. :thumbsup:

I had a jdm bl5 legacy turbo with built in Sat nav with DVD access, built in headunit, language obviously in Japan talkkkkkk

I enquired about updating with English version via dvd port, can't be done appartently according to Subaru , i got band expander put in but doesn't change digital display obviously,

Your better off replacing head unit for the radio anyway, don't know if it will affect buttons on wheel

Back